QoS or BGP/MPLS

ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
Not that it matters officially but are most people doing QoS first and then BGP and MPLS and or the composite, or vice versa? Thanks! Just curiousicon_wink.gif
I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Comments

• jovan88jovan88 Member Posts: 393
    I did QoS, BGP and finally MPLS

deffinately a good idea to do BGP before MPLS, although QOS doesn't really matter
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Agreed with jovan88. I did QoS and then the composite. If you do them separately I'd definitely do BGP before MPLS though.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys. My plan was to do QoS and then probably BGP+MPLS Composite(not for the weak at heart). I will definitely attack BGP first regardless.icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Thats the path I took (QoS - Composite). Its a fun bunch...I failed the composite the first go round though, but knocked it out of the park like 2 weeks after that. Dont ignore anything on the blueprint for either exams. The composite blueprint sucks too, so you have to actually go to each individual tests BP to get good information.
    Thanks! I will take your advice into account while studying. especially BGP and MPLS.

Sounds like a fun challenge. I just have to decide whether to move forward on this now, or take care of another non-Cisco cert first. (never, Cisco rules! icon_smile.gif ).

I'm in the same boat as jason_lunde. A project at work forced my hand at diving into QoS, so I figured I might as well get the cert. Now I'm working on the composite, which I'm having a hard time with since I don't really use bgp or mpls in my job.

Either way, you need to learn BGP before MPLS, aside from that it doesn't matter.
    Okay, thanks for the advice I will work on my confederations and route reflectors, etc., etc., first before taking on MPLS. icon_smile.gif

I did QoS, BGP then MPLS..... works out well.

Still till this day I find that the CCIP was the most helpful certification track I´ve completed in my career.... purely for what it taught me and what I can apply to my role in the SP\Content Provider space... :)

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
    Thanks, I will stick with the same plan then...Lot's of good stuff to work on studying for CCIP......