Quick Question

fran2424fran2424 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone Im new here and just had a quick question about training methods or guides used in preperation for the A+ exam. If anyone can please share with me any training guides that they used or any good proven guides that you can refer me too will be a great help. Also TESTOUT good or bad?? I really dont want to spend that much for training..

Thanks in Advance!!!

Comments

• CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I didn't use practice exams. I got the Sybex book and labbed what I learned.
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I used the Mike Meyers All in One (make sure to get the most current edition).
    What you need to study depends upon your prior knowledge/ experience level.
    Testout was good for the Net+/Sec+ but I didn't use it for the A+ but I've heard it wa good.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Armor149Armor149 Member Posts: 115 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used Mike Meyers All-In-One and Sybex for study guides. I tried using Perplogic's practice exams and found them not very usefull as well as they give a new meaning to the word spam and telemarketing. I did find that Exam Cram's Practice Questions gave a more realistic idea of what the actual exam question would be like.
  • simtechsimtech Member Posts: 213
    I only used Mike Meyer's book.
  • fran2424fran2424 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the help! I think im gonna try the Mike Meyers guide the price looks resonable and it has a lot good reviews.
  • parttimetechieparttimetechie Member Posts: 156
    I used the Exam Cram book and no labs..just did a little bit of side work here and there.