Metasploit Book

the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
Dunno if this was posted anywhere else, but looks like a Metasploit book will be out in July!

Amazon.com: Metasploit: A Penetration Tester's Guide (9781593272883): David Kennedy, Jim O'Gorman, Devon Kearns, Mati Aharoni: Books
WIP:
PHP
Kotlin
Intro to Discrete Math
Programming Languages
Work stuff

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    One of the authors, Mati Aharoni, is one of the Offensive Security guys who developed BackTrack.
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Awesome! Amazon was no help when clicking on the author's names. Hopefully it is better than the other book that is out. I just purchased the Backtrack 4 book, so I'll have something to bide my time with ha.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice find! i need to buy both the backtrack 4 and now this book, also the nmap book. Is metasploit the same as nmap and nessus? sorry i am a noob to those so i dont know the ins and outs of these, until i get to these books/materials.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    chrisone wrote: »
    Nice find! i need to buy both the backtrack 4 and now this book, also the nmap book. Is metasploit the same as nmap and nessus? sorry i am a noob to those so i dont know the ins and outs of these, until i get to these books/materials.

Backtrack is free icon_wink.gif The book looks excellent!

Metasploit isn't the same...nmap is for port scanning and service mapping. Nessus is a vulnerabilitiy scanner. Metasploit is a framework developed to exploit vulnerabilities or conduct other types of attacks.
    hahaha yeah last i checked it was free icon_lol.gif

Thanks for the small breakdown of the tools icon_thumright.gif
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    The newest version release of Metasploit includes some iOS exploits, should be fun!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
    The Open Source release of Metasploit is free, but the other releases are not. Here's the feature comparison and download page. Metasploit is already available on the BackTrack distro.

I'll see if I can get an advanced copy of this book to review.
    JDMurray wrote: »
    I'll see if I can get an advanced copy of this book to review.

No fair I want one! icon_cool.gif
    OK, I'm on the list to get a review copy next month. Keep your eye on my blog for a review.

Metasploit | No Starch Press
    Can't wait, it will save me from wasting the dough if it is crap hahaha
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
    haha crap or not , what other reference book is out there that is good to use?
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    OK, I'm on the list to get a review copy next month. Keep your eye on my blog for a review.

Metasploit | No Starch Press

Awesome. Looking forward to it.
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Awesome. Looking forward to it.

+1. I'll have to grab the BT one too once I get done with my year's goals.
    Metasploit Unleashed By Offensive Security

Pretty good resource on Metasploit. In the realm of printed material, there was only one other book and it gets horrible reviews...
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
    the_Grinch wrote: »
    Metasploit Unleashed By Offensive Security

Pretty good resource on Metasploit. In the realm of printed material, there was only one other book and it gets horrible reviews...

WOW thanks! This is a freaken sweet material! icon_thumright.gif
  • docricedocrice Member Posts: 1,706 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Irongeek also has a set of videos. I started go through it, but the audio quality is rather harsh in my opinion.

http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=videos/metasploit-class
    Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/
    +1. I'll have to grab the BT one too once I get done with my year's goals.

I actually just picked up the BT book and it's not too bad. I'm about half way through it so far.
    I'm on chapter 3 of the BT book and it is pretty decent. Definitely a good primer that can lead you to other books (Nmap Book, Wireshark, etc).
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff