Options

JunoSphere

AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
This press release was just announced today.

Juniper Networks Unveils Junosphere Classroom; New Cloud-Based Service Simplifies Network Technology Education and Training - Juniper Networks

Might be a feasible alternative to purchasing a rack of Juniper gear to study on.
"Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender

Comments

• Options
    Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    I had been reading about this the last few weeks and wondering when they were going to make a public announcement making it an official offering. It sounds exciting.
  • Options
    hasan1507hasan1507 Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks & Regards,

Hasan Rauf
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    sounds like a great tool!

i'll be interested to see the costs and types of access offered for those who arent a partner, on an expensive instructor led course or a academic alliance though.

If there was some sort of annual fee for self study users such as X amount per month then that would be great. Considering the effort put it i highly doubt that. The cost would have to be realistic otherwise i would be relying on olives for sometime probably. Great step in the right direction though and i look forward to finding out/seeing more.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good news, need to follow up with our Juniper rep tomorrow then.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options

• Options
    has anyone used this yet? just wanting some feedback on it really.

I just received a quote for it and its like £28 a day ($45) for 10 VMs! im dissapointed its not cheaper because as a self studier, i cant justify that kind of outgoing. Maybe if i was on the IE track, but not at the moment. So for a full year based on the 30 day quote i have it would be over £8k. i do realise its alot cheaper than buying 10 physical devices but this wasnt the great leap forward i was hoping for. Looks like i maybe sticking to GNS3 for sometime yet...

Fingers crossed they may bring out some kind of academy subscription to make it cheaper for those who do self study.

• Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    We're getting our first PO done for 10 now, we did a webinar on it a few weeks back. As a corporate training tool it's quite cheap, but yup for individuals not so much. Maybe they'll create a more home-centric offering in the future, allow shorter renting periods with less machines. Or students may work on a group-buy themselves. One thing I really liked was they include a virtual Spirent traffic generator so you can do some realistic testing on your lab.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    I'm not up on what is being offered, in the number of VMs, but if they have something less then 10 VMs that would still good to study with. I mean, really, if you had 5 VMs you could do quiet a bit.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    Yeah i agree.

Aldur, any idea if you guys will be bringing any other kind of subscriptions out for this? Something similar to the technet subscription would be awesome :)