Passed Security+ 20 May

derekderekderekderek Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
This is my first time posting just found this site about 2 weeks ago. Well I passed the Security+ exam today and just wanted to let everyone that is worrying about taking it not to. I have zero IT background with no formal computer training I am actually a Aviation Mechanic I was offered a really good job with DOD and I am required to get the A+ Sec+ NT+ certs. So I studied for about 1 week and passed the A+ test then studied for 2 weeks for the security+ exam read Darril's book and did some Skillsoft training and that was it. As long as you grasp the concepts you should be fine. Just be confident you can do it.

Also after these certs what should be my next stepping stone I want to try to take all I can since it will all be paid for I would like to go the Security route. Thanks for helping a rookie out. icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats man and welcome to the forum!
  • JinuyrJinuyr Member Posts: 251 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Almost all of the posts I have read about people working for the DOD either have or are working to obtain their CISSP. It's the de facto standard for security experts if I am reading it correctly.
  • Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the Pass
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    derekderek wrote: »
    This is my first time posting just found this site about 2 weeks ago. Well I passed the Security+ exam today and just wanted to let everyone that is worrying about taking it not to. I have zero IT background with no formal computer training I am actually a Aviation Mechanic I was offered a really good job with DOD and I am required to get the A+ Sec+ NT+ certs. So I studied for about 1 week and passed the A+ test then studied for 2 weeks for the security+ exam read Darril's book and did some Skillsoft training and that was it. As long as you grasp the concepts you should be fine. Just be confident you can do it.

Also after these certs what should be my next stepping stone I want to try to take all I can since it will all be paid for I would like to go the Security route. Thanks for helping a rookie out. icon_cheers.gif

Well done