More security books...

docricedocrice Member Posts: 1,706 ■■■■■■■■■■
It recently occurred to me that I spend a lot ... a lot of my off-time reading, either today's news, blogs, whitepapers, vendor sites, mailing list threads, or books (usually certification-related as of late). I'd argue that I have no life beyond infosec, and my skills are still mediocre. It's sad, really.

So there I go again, I just clicked on that "Proceed to Checkout" button and within a couple of weeks I should have:
  • TCP/IP Illustrated, Vol. 1: The Protocols (W. Richard Stevens)
  • Security Metrics: Replacing Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt (Andrew Jaquith)
  • Security Warrior (Cyrus Peikari)
  • Inside Network Perimeter Security, 2nd Edition (Stephen Northcutt)
  • Network Intrusion Detection, 3rd Edition (Stephen Northcutt)
  • BackTrack 4: Assuring Security by Penetration Testing (Shakeel Ali)
Granted, many of these books should already have been on my shelves for years now, but hey ... better late than never. The question is how am I going to find the time to read all of them. I'll have to dial down my certification ambitions.

There was a thread a while back where people listed their favorite books, but I couldn't find it on this forum in a manner that didn't test my patience, so I'll just start another. My search kung-fu is weak tonight.

What are your book purchase plans for this year (aside from the Metasploit one)?
Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/

Comments