Starting out

conor268conor268 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,
Forgive me for putting out a next cert/newbie post, but I am really looking for some ideas/guidance on what to do next!

I have just passed my 'ccna discovery: networking for soho', and am looking to start studying for a new cert right away. I am going to study the ccna: exploration later this year when it starts again in september at a local college while at uni.

I have been really interested in apple certified support professional exam as i enjoy working with macs, I realise this is not a very sought after cert but I enjoy learning about the mac os and the exam is quite easy!
My other option is to take the MCP 70-680 but I have heard this is very difficult!

I am thinking of doing the two as I would like to gather a large base of knowledge before I graduate University and grant me a better chance of a job! (I am based in the UK/Ireland) I am currently working as a desktop support technician on a years placement from uni. I go into final year Uni in Sept :) hence I want to get some certs before then!

Thoughts?

Thanks all

Comments

• VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    conor268 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Forgive me for putting out a next cert/newbie post, but I am really looking for some ideas/guidance on what to do next!

I have just passed my 'ccna discovery: networking for soho', and am looking to start studying for a new cert right away. I am going to study the ccna: exploration later this year when it starts again in september at a local college while at uni.

I have been really interested in apple certified support professional exam as i enjoy working with macs, I realise this is not a very sought after cert but I enjoy learning about the mac os and the exam is quite easy!
    My other option is to take the MCP 70-680 but I have heard this is very difficult!

I am thinking of doing the two as I would like to gather a large base of knowledge before I graduate University and grant me a better chance of a job! (I am based in the UK/Ireland) I am currently working as a desktop support technician on a years placement from uni. I go into final year Uni in Sept :) hence I want to get some certs before then!

Thoughts?

Thanks all

Well I feel my opinions are always a bit biased towards cisco BUT since you just completed the discovery course I would say review the material on the ICND1 (first exam in the two exam option for CCNA) and see if you are ready for it. If not keep pushing and self study for it , I would strike iron while its hot. That material is fresh right now, use that as an advantage and knock out that cert. GOOD LUCKicon_thumright.gif
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • conor268conor268 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, I have just had a look to find more info on the second CISCO exam, ICND2 and might go for that soon :) I will have a look on the forums now for a few tips on the second exam!

Cheers!
  • conor268conor268 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Apologies! Can i just confirm if you do the two exams (ICND1 + 2) you qualify with a CCNA? :) this is exactly what I am after but have been told elsewhere there is allot most exams to get your CCNA?
    Sorry I havent been able to find many people I know with this experience!

Thanks
  • nhan.ngnhan.ng Member Posts: 184
    you can take the 2 exams route, which is:
    640-822 ICND1
    +
    640-816 ICND2

or the one exam route:
    640-802 CCNA

read more about it here:
    CCNA - Career Certifications & Paths - Cisco Systems
  • VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    yeap he got it right above ICND1 + ICND2 = CCNA or 640-802 CCNA = CCNA.
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures