How long experience to take CISSP Exam ?

iammiiammi Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello every one,

I have almost 3 years experience in all, working mainly in Identity and Access management, some practical experience in PKI, Cryptography, Strong Auth ...

Still working to improve my theoretical knowledge about IT security.

I am strongly willing to take CISSP Exam in the medium-term, but dont know what is the ideal amount of experience to take the exam.

I konw the required is 3 or 4 years, but having just 3 or 4 years experience with a good and serious preparation for the exam, do you think there are good chances ?

If any one is CISSP and read my post please tell us how many years of experience you had when passing it.

Thank for all :)

Comments

• kmdickinsonkmdickinson Registered Users Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
    To be awarded the CISSP, you have to have a minimum 5 years experience (or 4 if you have bachelors in a related field). With that said, taking and passing the exam is different for everybody. I took the exam with 20 years total experience and felt it was rather easy. I think the main problem some have with the test is it deals largely with intangibles (policy/laws/standards) and not so focused on technical matters. Study thoroughly and anybody can pass but the exam is different for everyone.

Hope this helps.
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    iammi wrote: »
    Hello every one,

I have almost 3 years experience in all, working mainly in Identity and Access management, some practical experience in PKI, Cryptography, Strong Auth ...

Still working to improve my theoretical knowledge about IT security.

I am strongly willing to take CISSP Exam in the medium-term, but dont know what is the ideal amount of experience to take the exam.

I konw the required is 3 or 4 years, but having just 3 or 4 years experience with a good and serious preparation for the exam, do you think there are good chances ?

If any one is CISSP and read my post please tell us how many years of experience you had when passing it.

Thank for all :)

It's only an exam. You can study for it, and pass it.

However, without meeting the ceritification requirements, you cannot get the credential, as the previous poster stated.

https://www.isc2.org/cissp-how-to-certify.aspx
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)