Options

Failure rate?

cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
I was just reading a discussion on LinkedIn about Sec+ and a guy claims the fail rate for this test is 80%. That seem awfully high to me. I want to call BS but don't have a source to back my claim. Anyone know the actual numbers?

Comments

• Options
    eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't think anyone outside Comptia has that but 80% does seem high. I'd call BS and ask for HIS source....
  • Options
    higherhohigherho Member Posts: 882
    HOw many Security + holders are out their now? Over 60 k easily? If the failure rate is that high then more people are taking it than any other test. I mean you need it in the DOD and not many people in the DOD are IT savy so I can see high failure rates their.
  • Options
    JinuyrJinuyr Member Posts: 251 ■■□□□□□□□□
    80% just seems a little too crazy. Even if you were to factor in the DoD it would make sense to me if the number was 40% or less, but even that may be pushing it.
  • Options
    MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The last company I was working for was requiring everyone to get it. Everyone in my section passed it, and we easily had ~25 engineers/admins take the exam. Even my manager who was not a technical person at all, passed it. A couple of weeks of studying is really more than enough to pass the exam.
  • Options
    dukesmjdukesmj Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I work for DoD and passed it today. That percentage seems high to me as well.