Passed Security+ Today. Book recommendations.

thisguy85thisguy85 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was extremely nervous for the exam thanks to Exam Cram's tests that are horrible, riddled with errors, and non-indicative of the real exam. I really discourage the purchasing Exam Cram.

Thanks to David L. Prowse' Cert Guide and Darril Gibson's Get Certified Get Ahead I passed with a score of 852. I felt David and Darril's books were spot on preparing for the exam and highly recommend them both (though David's book went a bit more in depth on some topics).

Comments

• JinuyrJinuyr Member Posts: 251 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

What's next?
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the Pass
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • PanderPander Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! What do you have your sights set on now?
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    awesome. congrats!
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • jblavenjblaven Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thisguy85 wrote: »
    I was extremely nervous for the exam thanks to Exam Cram's tests that are horrible, riddled with errors, and non-indicative of the real exam. I really discourage the purchasing Exam Cram.

Thanks to David L. Prowse' Cert Guide and Darril Gibson's Get Certified Get Ahead I passed with a score of 852. I felt David and Darril's books were spot on preparing for the exam and highly recommend them both (though David's book went a bit more in depth on some topics).

icon_thumright.gif Great Job! Thanks for sharing what works.
  • thisguy85thisguy85 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have done 2 of the 4 Cisco Netacademy courses preparing for the CCNA certification, so that will probably be next. I may get my Netwoking+ in the meantime just because it's vendor neutral. After that......who knows? I may decide to move onto programming side of things, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.
  • sunamesuname Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    please let me know can i get the pdf version of "Darril Gibson's Get Certified Get Ahead"
  • ScytheX10ScytheX10 Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    suname wrote: »
    please let me know can i get the pdf version of "Darril Gibson's Get Certified Get Ahead"

Kindle version, yes. PDF version, no, and for good reason.