Options

Working my way back to Jersey or North Carolina

thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
So I have had enough of the weather and life style in Arizona. I miss the family and the east coast. I have two oppt. on the east coast. One in Jersey and one in North Carolina. Hoping to hear to get either of them this way the family and I can be close to each other again. I do not know how fathers do it being away from their children.
CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.

Comments

• Options
    2E1512E151 Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What parts of North Carolina & New Jersey?
  • Options
    Johnta20Johnta20 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you miss being away from your kids I would pick Jersey since although nc isnt as far away as AZ it's still far away. It gets pretty warm in nc too, and I know people who say the humidity makes it seem warmer here in the summer months compared to az.
  • Options
    eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Dear God why would you want to come back to Jersey? If I had the opportunity I'd be looking to move my family out of here.
  • Options
    Unforg1venUnforg1ven Member Posts: 108
    Interesting because I just moved from New Jersey to Texas several weeks ago.

Can't say I miss Jersey 1 bit ;).... although I also dont have a family to care for.
    Next on Tap>> WGU B.S. IT - Network Administration
    MCSA:2008 Complete >> Capstone left!

####################################
    "One of God's own prototypes... too weird to live, too rare to die..."
  • Options
    vanquish23vanquish23 Member Posts: 224
    North Carolina is hot also. The last 3 days it has been 94 and humid. I would stay away from Fayettville, its the ghetto.
    He who SYNs is of the devil, for the devil has SYN'ed and ACK'ed from the beginning. For this purpose, that the ACK might destroy the works of the devil.
  • Options
    mbarrambarra Member Posts: 44 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Left South Jersey 19 years ago for Illinois. Looking to get back east now and even Jersey is looking good.
  • Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    It's funny how this thread came up when I was in the middle of moving from my off-campus housing from my previous college in upstate New York back to New Jersey yesterday. I have to say the thought of being in Jersey is nice, but at the same time, it's pretty stressful living here. It's not what I have hoped for. I live in the ghetto, and I have been living here my entire life. I am definitely thinking about moving out when I hit the mother lode, but again, the downside of living further away from the city (or should I say greater metropolitan area) is that you may not get to have the convenience access to public transportations again. If I stay here, then I can still enjoy my one-hour bus trip to Manhattan literally any time I want. I am still young and broke, so pretty much, living in the city is my best option in case my car ever break down. I can get pretty much most things I need on foot within 5-mile radius.

I want to move south someday to see what it is like to live there, since I am getting tired of the damn cold during the winter here.
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    Go back to New Jersey? Spend more on everything while **** away a third of your life in traffic? All while having to keep an eye peeled for backstabbers, scammers and the abundance of d-bags?

Oh my...
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???