Does official CISSP book cover SSCP?

JinuyrJinuyr Member Posts: 251 ■■□□□□□□□□
I want to be cheap... and if end up doing the SSCP instead of the CISSP, can I buy the CISSP book and get the content I need to prepare for the SSCP?

Thanks.

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Honestly, that answer depends on how much you already know about the subject matter of the SSCP exam. While there is some overlap on the material covered by the CISSP and SSCP exams, it is advisable to use (at least) the official study guide for the exam you are taking. If you already know a lot about the SSCP-specific information, you might get away with only using CISSP study materials, but you will also end up studying stuff that's not on the SSCP exam.
  • JinuyrJinuyr Member Posts: 251 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm not completely sure yet regarding the information covered in the SSCP over the CISSP, but I'm totally for the idea of learning more than is needed for the exam. I've always found some useful application to the concepts I have learned while working on my certifications.
    The problem is that if you only use CISSP material to study for the SSCP exam, you will end up not learning things to need to know for the SSCP exam.
    Ah, gotcha... That's too bad, could have saved money, lol
    You do realize that the SSCP has an annual maintenance fee of $65? It actually costs money to keep up (ISC)2 certs after you get them. Not certs you want to get if you are on a strict budget.
    That's no biggie... My organization pays for the maintenance and part of the exam, they just don't pay for the training... When I spoke to an ISC2 representive they said the book was $70 and the traning was another $2500, YIKES!

The training is 100% out of pocket =\
    There are many other training packages for the CISSP, like the ones from PrepLogic, Train Signal, CBT Nuggets, and Logical Security. However, the (ISC)2's studISCope practice exams questions do come highly recommended.
    Thanks for the info. I will do a bit of research and see what path best suits my current experience. The end goal is definitely CISSP, I just need to find out if SSCP will hit what I need for my organization.
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX