cbt

Anne-Marie BraunigAnne-Marie Braunig Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi there
Has anyone used a computer based training program for the ccnp certification?

Comments

• wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    I used the learnkey series for BSCI and BCMSN and found them very good. My work have a library of the all so I dont have payout of for them

are they good? yes very

worth the money? No

www.learnkey.com

I know a few people on here swear by CBT nuggets, by I dont think they are that good to be honest.
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • QUIX0TICQUIX0TIC Member Posts: 277
    Ill second that motion regarding CBT nuggets. And learnkey... ooiii they are expensive. Unless you get them by other means.
    "To realize one's destiny is a person's only obligation."
  • jmc724jmc724 Member Posts: 415
    Other means are great, I have noticed that cbts do cover the objectives as compared to any hard cover books.

Again, you need additional material to help with any exam.
    What next?
  • darkmagicdarkmagic Member Posts: 127
    wildfire wrote:
    I know a few people on here swear by CBT Nuggets, by I dont think they are that good to be honest.

I would take your word on that, but since i have already had them & listened to them & did not find anything wrong with them. ( probably because i don't know much ) Can you tell me what did you find wrong so that i can supplement my studies accordingly :D
    321hahaha.jpg
    dark, its probably just a personal thing, I am used to Mike storm (the guy who does the cisco + net + etc) well have a full library at work of learnkey and some nuggets, I found on the BSCI that it was lacking in some topics and didnt find it as easy to follow. Im not saying the learnkey ones are perfect. I just find them more comprehensive, much like when I did CCNA I found sybex was good but lacked in areas.

For BSCI I found cbtnugs rushed over BGP and router policies and spent ages on RIP etc which arent even covered really.
  • darkmagicdarkmagic Member Posts: 127
    What about the CBT Nuggets for CCNA, the 4 CD set.

Is that good enough, what do you say ?
    321hahaha.jpg
    What about the CBT Nuggets for CCNA, the 4 CD set.

as I say I prefer learnkey, but they cost A LOT more. Im sure Cbt will be just fine as long as you combine it with other sources, Sybex, ciscopress and hands on.