So Annoyed!!

rob1234rob1234 Banned Posts: 151
Just got the CISSP for dummies and the officl guide via Amazon and neither comes with a PDF of the book I wanted to read them at work on my PC icon_sad.gif

Comments

• instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    Hrm. OK. You could just lug the big book into the office.

One coworker made fun of me, when I was lugging that humongous Shon Harris book into the office, saying that my efforts would be futile, test was too much, etc.

I guess he didn't realize that people like me get fired up, the more you try to put us down.

I know it's inconvenient to lug a book around, but I prefer to read books to reading the screen, to be honest. (Maybe there are E-readers out there that will make me change my mind one day, but n'yet.)
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • JinuyrJinuyr Member Posts: 251 ■■□□□□□□□□
    instant000 wrote: »
    Hrm. OK. You could just lug the big book into the office.

One coworker made fun of me, when I was lugging that humongous Shon Harris book into the office, saying that my efforts would be futile, test was too much, etc.

I guess he didn't realize that people like me get fired up, the more you try to put us down.

I know it's inconvenient to lug a book around, but I prefer to read books to reading the screen, to be honest. (Maybe there are E-readers out there that will make me change my mind one day, but n'yet.)

AMEN BROTHER!

rob1234, the Shon Harris book has a PDF I believe.
  • rob1234rob1234 Banned Posts: 151
    Jinuyr wrote: »
    AMEN BROTHER!

rob1234, the Shon Harris book has a PDF I believe.

Yeah I got that book as well and am using the pdf of that one, I am going to buy the kindle version of the other two I think then i can red them on my pc.
  • lifecommlifecomm Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I use MobiPocket to make pdf to eBook conversions. Works great! I used it to make an eBook out of Shon Harris' book.
  • rob1234rob1234 Banned Posts: 151
    lifecomm wrote: »
    I use MobiPocket to make pdf to eBook conversions. Works great! I used it to make an eBook out of Shon Harris' book.

Thats the problem the books dont come with a pdf version of the book!!
  • cabrillo24cabrillo24 Member Posts: 137
    rob1234 wrote: »
    Thats the problem the books dont come with a pdf version of the book!!

Trust me, in your CISSP journey, this will be the least of your frustrations. Best of luck.
    Next Up...
    CCNA: Security (210-260)
    Date: TBD
  • azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Did you know ISC2 sells an e-book version of the CISSP 2nd edition. Unfortunately it is the same price as the hardback but if you have to have a digital copy this may be your best bet.
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)