Qemu image on my GNS3

jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
I am using GNS3 for my CCENT/CCNA simulation labs. I also have 1700, 2600, 2800, 3620, 7200, callgen, pagent and pix IOS images. For now I am just using 2600 and 7200 and ethernet switch in my lab. I am now in Link-Sate Routing Prot topic (OSPF). I want to use a qemu host but I dont know how to configure it. Does this mean that I also need a qemu image for this so that i can have hosts in my lab? Please help .......

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    jojopramos wrote: »
    Does this mean that I also need a qemu image for this so that i can have hosts in my lab?
    I use the linux-microcore image that was linked on the GNS3 site.

There's a QEMU Hosts tab where you configure your host image(s) -- after you select QEMU from the Preferences menu option.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
    Thanks Mike, I found it on GNS3.net site. I will try to configure this now.
    Opps.. there is an error.. I downloaded the Windows XP emulated qemu but error comes up FATAL: no bootable device. Well, I am thing that because I am using Windows 7 that I am using SATA and it didnt recognise Sata. Is that right Mike?
    mikej412 wrote: »
    I use the linux-microcore image that was linked on the GNS3 site.

There's a QEMU Hosts tab where you configure your host image(s) -- after you select QEMU from the Preferences menu option.

Mike, I already downloaded linux-microcore image with the filename linux-microcore-2.11.5.img. I tried to configure/add this in qemu host in preferences binary image then start the host. If I open the console, it just open the putty for 2 seconds then close. Did I miss something here? Please help...
  • JSKJSK Member Posts: 166
    Here is the tutorial that I used to setup microcore Linux. May be helpful to you : https://docs.google.com/View?id=dfzhd6z4_397g3jjf4db
    I tried it JSK. Qemu configuration has been made but my problem is when I started the qemu, the console is not opening. When I tried to manually open the console, the putty console opens then closes. I don't know if it miss something here. BTW, the qemu that I am using is linux-microcore-2.11.5.img which I downloaded on GNS3 website.
    It is opening now.... I just reinstall my GNS3 and followed the procedure again. Thanks to all...
  • waqasgkwaqasgk Banned Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    add the qemu image in preference/qemu/qemu host tab...
    for more info this is useful link
    http://commonerrors.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... error.html

thanksicon_smile.gif
  • bon_chanbon_chan Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    To get qemu working you need to run gns3 under linux. It works well.
    On windows, if you run 1 qemu host, it works.
    But as soon as you run several hosts, it bugs.

If you still want to use it on windows and then you can use routers or virtual machines as hosts, instead of qemu.
  • anurajsanurajs Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi ,

Can anyone tell me why i am not able to start etherswitch router device in gns3.....i have downloaded the ios for d same....but it's giving me an error of "209 unable to start vmc".
    i have already checked by changing the ios location & also downloaded a fresh ios for it...but still the issue is same.

Regards
    Anuraj