Passed the JNCIA-Junos

AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
Yes, my first certified step (pun intended :) ) to the dark side. I followed the Fast Track materials for about 2 weeks, with a little delving into the JunOS Cookbook and some of the JunOS Security Handbook (not much though as I'm on a pretty tight deadline to get the basics down before we do some proof-of-concept with SRX's). As others have said if you have good experience and/or similar certs from other vendors the fast-track materials are more than enough for this. I think the hardest thing for me to get used to was the examples always being displayed as show results in the std. XML format, it's not hard to mentally translate that back to perhaps more familiar SET (Cisco-like/direct config) style but it's an extra few brain cycles each time. After week or so it became easier to do.

For practice I had some access to a SRX3400 that is assigned for another POC project, I couldn't do much with it but was at least able to play with the various show commands and doing some routing with BOGON addresses...If I broke anything in the process well at least nobody noticed :)

Sooo, on to the JNCIS-Sec (I should have 2 SRX100s on the way for the home lab so it'll be a little easier to practice).
We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Great Congrats.

That reminds me I have to recertify several of these this fall. Drat!
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks guys, I know this is just a baby-step...but with new feet :)
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?