I just installed ubuntu but now my preplogic videos wont run?

YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
I most likely need to install some type of plug-in but I dont know which one?

Comments

• WafflesAndRootbeerWafflesAndRootbeer Member Posts: 555
    I most likely need to install some type of plug-in but I dont know which one?

It should pop up with a message and then direct you to the appropriate repository files and automatically check them for download. At least that's what mine did when I was setting it up. What format are the videos?
  • YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    nevermind, I just went into the application store and downloaded the adobe flash player..closed my browser..reopened it and it worked

thanks for the help!
    Archive: /home/mnjr/Desktop/setup.exe
    [/home/mnjr/Desktop/setup.exe]
    End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
    a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
    latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
    the last disk(s) of this archive.
    zipinfo: cannot find zipfile directory in one of /home/mnjr/Desktop/setup.exe or
    /home/mnjr/Desktop/setup.exe.zip, and cannot find /home/mnjr/Desktop/setup.exe.ZIP, period.

this is the error that came up when I tried to download the practice exams...what do I do?
  • XantchaXantcha Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    /home/mnjr/Desktop/setup.exe.zip, and cannot find /home/mnjr/Desktop/setup.exe.ZIP, period.

this is the error that came up when I tried to download the practice exams...what do I do?

You need to run the exam prep setup in a windows environment.
    theres no way around it? Could I do it in virtual box?
  • ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    theres no way around it? Could I do it in virtual box?

Have you tried wine? https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wine It's not virtualization, so less overhead.
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
    I'm downloading wine right now, Ill come back later and let you know if it worked. thanks
    Sometimes there are different tweaks for different windows executables you can use to get an application running in Wine. I always try to check the AddDB here WineHQ - Wine Application Database but in this case I don't think you'll find Exam Prep's installer on there.
    So I downloaded wine and I was able to download the practice exam (its on my desktop) but when I double click it...the little circle thing that shows up when something is loading appears..it does that for about 10 seconds..then nothing happens.....so any ideas what to do next?
    So I downloaded wine and I was able to download the practice exam (its on my desktop) but when I double click it...the little circle thing that shows up when something is loading appears..it does that for about 10 seconds..then nothing happens.....so any ideas what to do next?

Fire up a shell (command line) and type in:
    wine executablename.exe

That won't fix it, but you'll at least get an error message that you can google search. That usually will point you in the right direction.
    I tried doing that..but I'm having a hard time finding the exact name.. heres the full name from the properties.. env WINEPREFIX="/hnjr/.wine" wine C:\\PrepLogic\\PracticeExam\\31\\11344\\TestEngine.exe

What part would I use in the command line, I assume not all of it right?

I was googling the basic error code with wine, and it looks like there is an actual list of what wine can run..it doesnt look like preplogic is one of those programs