Google Apps

Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
Anyone use or resell google apps for businesses?

Comments

• XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□

Yes, haven't used it thoroughly yet since we've just got it not to long ago. Primarily using it for some side work me and some colleagues are doing regarding business & web solutions icon_thumright.gif

Between Google Sites, Docs, Calendars, EMail, Chat, Groups and also a few CRM's we are testing out things are phasing pretty good. We haved tried Manymoon, Worketc, and Zoho CRM thus far for CRM's.
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

• Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Xcluziv wrote: »
    Yes, haven't used it thoroughly yet since we've just got it not to long ago. Primarily using it for some side work me and some colleagues are doing regarding business & web solutions icon_thumright.gif

Between Google Sites, Docs, Calendars, EMail, Chat, Groups and also a few CRM's we are testing out things are phasing pretty good. We haved tried Manymoon, Worketc, and Zoho CRM thus far for CRM's.

Have you looked at sugarcrm?: CRM Open Source Business & Social CRM Software - SugarCRM

I am looking into reselling googleapps. Might be a nice side hustle and since I want to do some consulting anyway, it might help my turnkey IT solutions for SMBs. I talked to a guy last week who migrated to google apps over a weekend. They are a hardcore development company with very specific needs and the response was very positive.
  • XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Have you looked at sugarcrm?: CRM Open Source Business & Social CRM Software - SugarCRM

I am looking into reselling googleapps. Might be a nice side hustle and since I want to do some consulting anyway, it might help my turnkey IT solutions for SMBs. I talked to a guy last week who migrated to google apps over a weekend. They are a hardcore development company with very specific needs and the response was very positive.

Oh cool...we have a reseller account with the company we have hosting with
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

Xcluziv wrote: »
    Oh cool...we have a reseller account with the company we have hosting with

What i'll do is start my business and use google apps for biz myself and go through the "certification". I honestly feel for SMB this is a no brainer.
  • MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I talked to a guy last week who migrated to google apps over a weekend. They are a hardcore development company with very specific needs and the response was very positive.
    The ease of the migration will depend on the environment. Some migrations to Google Apps take "a weekend", while others take years.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
    The ease of the migration will depend on the environment. Some migrations to Google Apps take "a weekend", while others take years.

Yea very true and I know that wasn't typical. Mail is probably the easy part.
  • MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yea very true and I know that wasn't typical. Mail is probably the easy part.
    The 1+ year migration I was involved in was Exchange to Google Apps, so primarily mail (plus calendars, shared folders, etc.). The technical part of it can pale in comparison to the politics. If IT can actually tell users, "hey we're migrating to Google Apps this weekend so save any important emails on Friday since they will all be gone on Monday", then it can be done in a weekend (and I have heard of such migrations). Otherwise, it can possibly drag on indefinitely.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□

I don't use it for business but I got the "free" version for my home domain. I migrated our email from GoDaddy to Google apps, very painless and easy. Plus I was able to set up some email groups and we migrated all of our ebill stuff to those accounts.
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
    rwmidl wrote: »
    I don't use it for business but I got the "free" version for my home domain. I migrated our email from GoDaddy to Google apps, very painless and easy. Plus I was able to set up some email groups and we migrated all of our ebill stuff to those accounts.

I was thinking of setting up my own email servers for personal use but google apps for my domain seems so much easier. I almost feel lazy just thinking about it lol.
    I was thinking of setting up my own email servers for personal use but google apps for my domain seems so much easier. I almost feel lazy just thinking about it lol.

Originally I looked at hosted Exchange, but I couldn't justify the price. I got in with Google Apps where I can create 50 or so email accounts before I have to pay (I think now the free version you are limited to 5 or something?). Unless you already are using Exchange, the free version of Google Apps works fine - I think the business version is where you can migrate from Exchange, but I could be wrong.

I also debated about setting up my own mail server, but then I was looking at the cost of getting a server/server space, software etc (no way am I hosting from home), and yeah that's just too much money and work.
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
  • gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    rwmidl wrote: »
    Originally I looked at hosted Exchange, but I couldn't justify the price. I got in with Google Apps where I can create 50 or so email accounts before I have to pay (I think now the free version you are limited to 5 or something?). Unless you already are using Exchange, the free version of Google Apps works fine - I think the business version is where you can migrate from Exchange, but I could be wrong.

I also debated about setting up my own mail server, but then I was looking at the cost of getting a server/server space, software etc (no way am I hosting from home), and yeah that's just too much money and work.

We use it at work and have a number of customers that are grandfathered in with the 50 email accounts. Now you are allowed 10 email accounts for free. The things you miss with the free service is the blackberry/ Outlook interoperability, the 99.9% uptime SLA (which hasn't been an issue), and a few other things that don't matter to our customers.
    gosh1976 wrote: »
    We use it at work and have a number of customers that are grandfathered in with the 50 email accounts. Now you are allowed 10 email accounts for free. The things you miss with the free service is the blackberry/ Outlook interoperability, the 99.9% uptime SLA (which hasn't been an issue), and a few other things that don't matter to our customers.

The Outlook interoperability isn't an issue for us - I use mail client installed with OSX along with iCal and it all syncs perfectly. I have Exchange push enabled so my wife and I can get email, calendar etc syc'd on our iPods.

My ONLY issue with Google Apps is I know they are data-mining us, but it's only a minor issue..