Substitute for Review Seminar?

JinuyrJinuyr Member Posts: 251 ■■□□□□□□□□
Does it exist? If so what is a somewhat less expensive alternative to this?

Are the video programs offered by LearnKey, PrepLogic, etc... a reasonable substitute for this based on the price?

Thanks for your feedback.

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    For which certification? There are many good cert exam prep products available from PrepLogic, Train Signal, CBT Nuggets, etc. You don't necessarily need to use what (ISC)2 sells, but when an exam vendor also sells prep products for their exams, you would tend to think they would be the most accurate with respect to learning the exam's material. A lot depends on how much you already know of the subjects covered by the exam.
  • JinuyrJinuyr Member Posts: 251 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This is for the CISSP. Based on what I have seen so far, the information is something I am somewhat familiar with. I am just concerned about the reviews I have seen regarding the Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP CBK, Second Edition.

"... I read this book 5 times or so and answered the 250 questions supplied with the book... "

"...Feeling confident I was suprised to find that this book helped answering maybe 5% - 10% of what was convered on the actual exam....."

I understand that each person's experience is diffirent and that the exams format is less technical and more situational, but I just want to address the most negative ones first and get people's input on what may be lacking or needs to be addressed by other resources.

Thanks.