Options

CCNP video material question

thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
This time, I am going to get me a CBT material or my CCNP. I just have the feeling that I need them. However, I can only afford one.

My choices are:
CBT Nuggets
TheBryantadvantage (Chris Bryant)
INE

I have read and heard a lot of good things about CBT Nuggets, but many people said it was not in depth enough. Also, CBT Nuggets is the most expensive in my list.

Chris Bryant is the cheapest one $197 per DVD, I believe. But how was it? Is it more in depth compare to CBT Nugs?

INE I have no idea at all. The price is $199 for Route and Swtich and $99 for Tshoot.

Please post your experience with these video materials. I really need you opinion.

Thanks
Studying:
Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
Reading:
Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold

Comments

• Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    CBT nuggets are the easiest to digest. You can pick up the material very easy and fill in the gaps with documentation.

INE.

Brian McGhan teaches this course. This is what I have been mainly using getting ready for some Specialization certs. He doesn't have the free flowing personality of Jeremy from CBT nuggets, but he covers the info more in depth I feel.

Chris Bryant

Used him for my CCNP. He is like the mixture of the 2. He knows his stuff very well.

With that said I haven't looked at the new CBT nuggets which included GNS3 labs or the new Chris Bryant material. If new I would suggest CBT nuggets if you can get the job to pay for it. Or a INE subscription(I use the CCNP material at this time, but if I need more detail I can always use the IE or I need fundamentals I can go back to CCNA
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    As far as I know my company, wouldn't buy it for me, but I think they would reimburse the exam fee. Therefore, the money I am going to spend on this video material will be coming out of wallet icon_sad.gif

INE seems to be the choice for CCIE, I think. Are their material are DVD or do I have to use web-browser?

I can erase CBT Nugs from my list now. It seems like my choices are Chris Bryant or INE.
    Studying:
    Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
    Reading:
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    INE's material is web based. If you are unsure you can buy INE for 159 a month. Try it out if its not your cup of tea cancel it and try something else.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    I would pick Chris Bryant's material if I had to choose one.
  • Options
    @Ryan
    Have you tried his materials before, especially the new CCNP? If you did, how was it?
    Studying:
    Reading:
  • Options
    AlanJamesAlanJames Member Posts: 230
    cbt are the easiest to understand, Byrant covers more.

I'm currently subscribed to INE for the 159 a month, this gives a tone of content and suits me.

Al
  • Options
    Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    I used his content for the old CCNP track. The depth of his coverage is much better than CBT Nuggets. Not as engaging as Jeremy Cioara and his old videos ran a bit long, but I have heard that his new videos aren't as long. Understand that none of these videos is an all in one solution. You will have to supplement with books and possibly Cisco's online documentation.
  • Options
    @Alanjames, subscription is not gonna work for me because I don't like rushing my studies and I can't take multiple certs.

@Ryan82, I have the FLG and the OCG books. I just want to back them up with video materials for better understanding.

I was watching some free videos of jeremy at cbt nugs. his videos seem enjoyable.

I subscribe to chris bryant on youtube and it seems he's not that boring, but monotone.
    Studying:
    Reading:
  • Options
    hviphvip Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    INE ??? icon_rolleyes.gif

NEVERMIND , Found it!!!!
  • Options
    I emailed Chris Bryant yesterday, and have not gotten a reply yet.
    This is the email I sent him:
    Hi Chris,

I am interested on your CCNP videos, and planning to get the ROUTE DVD next week.  

I am just wondering how long would it take to ship the DVD if I order it next week Friday?  I live in Maryland.
      How many video hours is your ROUTE DVD? Also, your SWITCH and TSHOOT?

Can I watch your videos on a DVD player?  
      Am I able to download your videos to my phone and iPad for mobility?

Thank you in advance

Studying:
    Reading:
  • Options
    CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    I may know of a company that can give you CCNP level training at a fraction of the price of any other leading Cisco training vendor in the world. Just PM me for details.