New Here

gbuc40gbuc40 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all

I have experience working with computers (hardware/software) in a professional setting, but never thought to get the A+. I just graduated and the jobs I were looking at were saying A+ required regardless of experience. I bought the Exam Cram 5e and took the first essentials practice exam before studying and maybe missed 5 out of 100. Is that a good book to reference your readiness for the test?

I am reading the entire book right now on page 150 or so out of 660. Planning on reading the rest over the next 2 days.

Also, recommend taking both tests on the same day?

Thank you,
G

Comments

• PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You can take them both on the same day. If I had known how easy the tests were before I took them I would have taken them both on the same day.
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • biker_dudebiker_dude Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would spread them a couple weeks apart.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    gbuc40 wrote: »
    Hello all

I have experience working with computers (hardware/software) in a professional setting, but never thought to get the A+. I just graduated and the jobs I were looking at were saying A+ required regardless of experience. I bought the Exam Cram 5e and took the first essentials practice exam before studying and maybe missed 5 out of 100. Is that a good book to reference your readiness for the test?

I am reading the entire book right now on page 150 or so out of 660. Planning on reading the rest over the next 2 days.

Also, recommend taking both tests on the same day?

Thank you,
    G

Definately take the tests the same day.

I did and I recommend it...because...in the field, the material is used TOGETHER when one troubleshoots. It is uncommon to have a problem and it ONLY involve hardware without software or software and no hardware. (ex. If you are a board swapper, and your job is to change the RAM, one is unable to validate the RAM swap is successful without at least booting the machine...at this point, the memory count is observed and if in Windows, it is typical to go into the managent console and confirm that WINDOWS also reads the correct amount of RAM).

Suit yourself, but I'm a beliver of taking the exams on the same day.

As far as the recommended text? I recommend Meyers and/or Sybex. However, others (with experience) are fine with review manuals like PassPort series and Exam Cram.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • gbuc40gbuc40 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the feedback. I decided since the test covers a subject I have made a hobby for a long time that the exam cram would brush me up on what the test is asking for. I also booked them both on the same day. I just passed.

Thanks for everyone's input.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    gbuc40 wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback. I decided since the test covers a subject I have made a hobby for a long time that the exam cram would brush me up on what the test is asking for. I also booked them both on the same day. I just passed.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Congratulations!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    Congrats on passing!
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    great work, congrats
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops