Cable & Wireless Job

-DeXteR--DeXteR- Member Posts: 130
Well it's been quite a while since i posted something , so here i am . I had got my CCNA recently and was in the job market without any experience as a fresher . The only thing i had was my Engineering degree and my ccna certification . So after all the struggle looks like their's a light at the end of the Tunnel . To be more precise got a call from Cable & wireless for a interview and i went on last saturday and did make my way through three rounds . Today i got a call from them saying i have to comeback tommorrow for a Managerial round . And the job opening is for 'monitoring ' they said . Hope everything goes well :D

Comments

• nhan.ngnhan.ng Member Posts: 184
    good luck icon_cheers.gif sounds like a NOC job?
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good Luck!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    To make it to the managerial review, means that you have made it far enough to be considered seriously.

Relax, and bring it home.
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Sounds good. Best of luck!
  • -DeXteR--DeXteR- Member Posts: 130
    Ok just came back home . Here's the update - Well today i had another 2 rounds to add to my previous 3 rounds . I had managerial round followed by another HR round . Well both went well , but they said that the they will call within friday if i'm selected . So keeping my fingers crossed :) hoping for the best . Btw i dono whether it's a NOC job , because this is my first job and i have never been to one before but it sure looks like its gonna be a noc job . here's the job functions -

OVERALL ROLE PURPOSE
    MONITORING OF THE CUSTOMER NETWORKS WHICH ARE SUPPORTED BY THE ENM TEAM

KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
    • Monitoring of the customer network
    • Initial diagnosis of faults
    • Notifying the customer and internal stakeholders of the fault and the impact to the network
    • Creating trouble tickets for investigation by other teams
    • Interaction with other Technical and Incident Management teams in C&W
    • Interaction with the customer helpdesk and key IT contacts

WORKING RELATIONSHIPS AND INTERFACES
    • Interaction with other Technical and Incident Management teams in C&W
    • Interaction with the customer helpdesk and key IT contacts
  • LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Good luck! Ahh the old days, when getting hired was simple as if the boss likes you, you're hired lol.

That does seem like a NOC job hehe!
  • cablegodcablegod Member Posts: 294
    Yep, sounds like a NOC job, especially seeing how C&W is a large telecom carrier/interconnection company.
    “Government is a disease masquerading as its own cure.” -Robert LeFevre
    I'm feeling so sad still haven't received any call icon_sad.gificon_sad.gif . What shall i do ? Drop in a mail or call their office regarding whether results have been announced for that position ? icon_sad.gificon_sad.gif
  • HeeroHeero Member Posts: 486
    Email or call regarding the status of the position. A lot of times there are hangups that take a few days to resolve before they can move on with the process.
  • LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Follow up! Things often move slow, sometimes they may be still deciding, showing that little bit of initiative could push you over.

It took me three weeks to get my offer letter for this job and this was merely an internal transfer!
    Thanks guys!! Will do the same .
    Well called them up since they didn't return any call by friday as they told , and now they are saying that they will let me know by monday icon_sad.gificon_sad.gif well wondering how long will this really take ? Just hoping for the best :) .
    Ok finally got a mail from the company . They have offered me a position its for "Network engineer " . So finally my learning curve begins . Thanks everyone , My day just became special !!!! :D:D:D
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    A BIG congrats to you!!! Make the best of the opportunity, learn as much as you can and dont be afraid to ask questions. When do you start?
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
    Congrats! Great news.
  • wagnerismwagnerism Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    -DeXteR- wrote: »
    Ok finally got a mail from the company . They have offered me a position its for "Network engineer " . So finally my learning curve begins . Thanks everyone , My day just became special !!!! :D:D:D

Congratulations!

It is more than luck. There is no shorting of applicants for anything these days and you got the call!
  • PsychoFinPsychoFin Member Posts: 280
    Awesome! It's always a great feeling isn't it? And with all that competition out there it's all the sweeter :D
    Thanks everyone !!!! :D:D:D:D Well hell yay!! got a little time for that feeling to sink in . Had been to the company today to complete formalities and then a casual conversation with the team leader and he showed me the work place for my stay their . All that i could see was 3 huge LCD screens on the wall and some rows of people in front of it sitting in front of their comp's . He said me to have a good look at that screen which is where everything is gonna take place {Though i don't know what exactly i can make of that coz this is my FIRST JOB and how i could interpret those things on the screen . Any tips on those ? } Anyways i have been asked to officially join on wednesday . So totally excited about it !! Will keep you updated .
  • techie2012techie2012 Member Posts: 150
    -DeXteR- wrote: »
    Thanks everyone !!!! :D:D:D:D Well hell yay!! got a little time for that feeling to sink in . Had been to the company today to complete formalities and then a casual conversation with the team leader and he showed me the work place for my stay their . All that i could see was 3 huge LCD screens on the wall and some rows of people in front of it sitting in front of their comp's . He said me to have a good look at that screen which is where everything is gonna take place {Though i don't know what exactly i can make of that coz this is my FIRST JOB and how i could interpret those things on the screen . Any tips on those ? } Anyways i have been asked to officially join on wednesday . So totally excited about it !! Will keep you updated .

Congratulations! I am interested to hear what the job is like, keep us updated!! icon_cheers.gif
    (CCNP: Switch) Passed!
    (CCNP: Route) Goal: 11/15/12 Progress: 75%
    (CCNP: TShoot) Goal: 12/15/12 Progress: ​50%
    (Perl Scripting) Ongoing :study:
  • Job seekerJob seeker Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man. How do you get the job information ? Any referrals ? I am also looking for a job in networking domain. I am a CCNP with B.tech. I just want to get the job info at least. I hope you could help me out. What was the Team leader's name ? Any Anjali or Rahul ? Please confirm and let me know please...
  • Job seekerJob seeker Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Are you from India ? And where you got appointed ?