Options

Which company offers the best practice exams for security+?

YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
Most of the practice exams I have seen are expensive as hell, I prefer to have some reviews before I make the purchase...thankS

Comments

• Options
    JinuyrJinuyr Member Posts: 251 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I like PrepLogic, 394 questions and are pretty tough and provide relatively good explanations for all answer choices.

If you have an Android device, Upward Mobility has Security+ practice tests, 122 quests for only a few dollars. I think $4 for some decent questions, and great explanations on the correct answer.

Darrill's book is faily direct with the questions and have good overall explanations for each answer. Only $10 if you buy the digital version.

Hope this helps ^_^
  • Options
    bout2kbout2k Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used Boson and I thought that they were great. They have really good explanations to each question.
    What happens in the cloud, stays in the cloud! - Jeremy Cioara
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Do most practice exams cost 99.00? Seems like all of them are around that amount?
  • Options
    MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Have to say preplogic are the absolute worst set of questions I ever read.
    They are badly written and so ambiguous that in some cases neither answer is correct or there is more than one right answer, but they only ask for one.

I bought the preplogic package then two days later asked for a refund.
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.
  • Options
    JinuyrJinuyr Member Posts: 251 ■■□□□□□□□□
    MrXpert wrote: »
    Have to say preplogic are the absolute worst set of questions I ever read.
    They are badly written and so ambiguous that in some cases neither answer is correct or there is more than one right answer, but they only ask for one.

I bought the preplogic package then two days later asked for a refund.

Wow, I must say I am suprised to hear that. I based my entire practice exam around PrepLogic and it had the greatest relationship to the actual exam for me when I took the test. Granted the rest of their material is full of errors and I woudn't pay for anything except the practice exam for the Security+. To each their own I suppose.

Definitely will recommend you find which ones provide a refund to see which ones suits your style.

Do they have different versions or did we have the same ones?
  • Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    Most of the practice exams I have seen are expensive as hell, I prefer to have some reviews before I make the purchase...thankS

For Security+, if you are familiar with all of the questions available with whatever text you prepare with, you'll ace the test. It is a VERY direct type of test, multiple choice, and this is the true reason why the passing rate appears to be so high.

For example: I was a few points shy of perfect on the exam after reading the Sybex text, and reviewing the end-of-chapter quizzes and included questions on the disc.
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)