Passed 70-686

Jander1023Jander1023 Member Posts: 160
Man, this test is tough. I failed it twice with a 664 and a 686 the first two tries. Some of the questions are worded very poorly which makes it difficult to understand exactly what they want to know. Oddly enough, I found the 680 to be similar although I thought the 640 and 642 were much more straight-forward on the questions.

Anyway - 55 questions each time. I used the Self Test Software and Measureup questions online along with the MS Press book. Anybody taking this exam should already have the 640 and 642 completed, IMO. Doing so makes the material much easier.

Edit - I passed with a 760 on my third attempt.

Comments

• MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Way to persist! It is a tough exam, you really need a solid background in AD and Windows networking (good point about doing 640 and 642 first).
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • Jander1023Jander1023 Member Posts: 160
    Way to persist! It is a tough exam, you really need a solid background in AD and Windows networking (good point about doing 640 and 642 first).

Thanks! Yeah, I failed the first take by 1 question, then the 2nd take by 2 questions!!! It was very frustrating. I actually felt pretty solid on the material but the exam is just very tough.

IMO, the wording of many of the questions is poor and confusing. I spent much more time on the 3rd attempt reading and re-reading the confusing questions. I'd like to give some examples, but I don't want to break the NDA.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on your pass, way to keep at it!
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats on the pass! What's next? I'm guessing it'd be the 646 or the 643, based on your cert trail?
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Awesome job. Those Windows 7 exams are rough!
  • pzeropzero Member Posts: 192
    Congrats on the pass! I know when I sat this exam I had to do it to the sound of jackhammers! try concentrating with that!
  • Jander1023Jander1023 Member Posts: 160
    Essendon wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass! What's next? I'm guessing it'd be the 646 or the 643, based on your cert trail?

646. Hopefully in 3 weeks. I've been studying for both at the same time. Then 643 next month. I've noticed many people failing the 646, so I'm trying to study extra hard.