I will be taking the exam next week

PMan#8PMan#8 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Does anyone who has taken it have any words of advice (or encouragement)?

I was just wanting to know of things to be on the lookout for and/or go back and hit again. For example, is there a lot of "case study" type questions or more "theory" type questions?

I have read on here (and other sites) that the exam questions are more towards the ambiguous side (unless they revised it).

I am scoring highly on both preplogic's "preview edition" test that came with the Exam Cram book and the MeasureUp tests that came with the Exam Cram Practice Test book. Oh, and I score high on Johan's as well.

God, I hope I am ready. Normally, I wouldnt freak about an exam but this one is such a high mark to make.

Ok, again, sorry for the rant and rave but I think my brain has gone FUBAR. icon_eek.gif

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I can't remember getting any case study, or real scenario type of questions. "Just" short multiple choice questions about technologies and concepts. Check out the link to the 'Official Sample Questions' on the following page:
    www.techexams.net/co_securityplus.shtml

Good luck!
  • jd_mattosjd_mattos Member Posts: 134
    Good Luck, and don't stress about it. I'm sure you will do fine.
    All Comptia Tests are pretty straight forward, but I have heard that this test has some ambiguous questions.
    I am going to sit this exam soon, but our testing center is closed for a couple weeks.
  • PMan#8PMan#8 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I will soon be ready for some BEER.... :P

And the first person I would buy one for is Johan (after I bought myself one of course) for having such a killa site.

I have combed the web for good sites and most seem to be braindumps or just crap. The only 2 I really trust is this one and CramSession.
  • jd_mattosjd_mattos Member Posts: 134
    Ya, this site is the best by far.
    Thanx Johan!!
    mcmcse.com is alright too. Their practice tests and study guides are pretty decent, but not as good as Johan's.
    But mcmcse's forum pretty much suck, nothing like this sites.
    I log onto this site over 10 times a day, I can't get enough info from everyone on here.
  • TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
    Best of Luck with this exam. I took it some time ago now, but just remember that Security+ covers a wide area of security concepts etc. I made sure I had plenty of different material for this one.

Tcat was my fav along with Ms Press.

This is a great site I agree, and MCMCSE.com is a good quality site too that offers great information.

Both sites catering for people who wish to gain certfication and better insight into the computer problems that people face in everyday life.

:D
    If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    PMan#8 wrote:
    I will soon be ready for some BEER.... :P

And the first person I would buy one for is Johan (after I bought myself one of course) for having such a killa site.

I have combed the web for good sites and most seem to be braindumps or just crap. The only 2 I really trust is this one and CramSession.
    Thanks, you can send beer to beer@techexams.net anytime :)
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Best of luck PMan#8 - remember, do not panic. Take things in an orderly manner and you will succeed :)
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • PMan#8PMan#8 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It is the vagueness of the questions that has me worried. I have been doing very well on both the Preplogic and measureup practice exams but none of their questions seem vague and everyone keeps saying the exam has very vague questions and answers on them

*sigh* icon_twisted.gif