Passed ISSAP

wmackeywmackey Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just got the note from ISC2 that I passed the ISSAP cert.

Comments

• colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Excellent, congrats!
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Congratulations on passing the CISSP-ISSAP! icon_thumright.gif

What was your study plan? What did you think of the exam?
  • wmackeywmackey Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Used the official prep book and reviewed the common criteria guide. Probably should have spent a little extra time on crypto and biometrics.

The official guide is most useful for the example questions. I found overall that the guide was inconsistent on the level of detail.
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    1. Congrats!

2. You mark it only as ISSAP. (I see it denoted as CISSP-ISSAP at isc2.org.)
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • wmackeywmackey Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    instant000 wrote: »
    1. Congrats!

2. You mark it only as ISSAP. (I see it denoted as CISSP-ISSAP at isc2.org.)

Interesting, as both their e-mail notification and the private profile page list it as just ISSAP.
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Congrats on the pass!!!

The ISSAP is a CISSP concentration exam and by listing "ISSAP" it is inherit that one already holds the CISSP credential. According to their central Florida office both CISSP-ISSAP or just ISSAP are both correct.

My Offical Guide to the ISSAP CBK arrived yesterday morning. I plan to use that, the CC Primer I used for the CISSP, and selected chapter reviews from the Shon Harris AIO for my ISSAP attempt in December or early 2012. If ISC(2) still offers the free iPad2's with their office cource I may talk work into sending me to the course in VA icon_smile.gif
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    down77 wrote: »
    The ISSAP is a CISSP concentration exam and by listing "ISSAP" it is inherit that one already holds the CISSP credential.
    HR's resume keyword filtering software may not necessarily be aware of this fact...
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    ChooseLife wrote: »
    HR's resume keyword filtering software may not necessarily be aware of this fact...

Probably, but if you are on the list the chances are people will be seeking you rather than you seeking them. This has been the case with two colleagues of mine who passed both the CISSP and the ISSAP. One of the two went on to add the ISSMP as well (he plans to collect the full set of ISC2 credentials).
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11