CCNP Switch

Ryuksapple84Ryuksapple84 Member Posts: 183
So I keep hearing that the Switch exam is very hard...
Since I plan on taking that exam first, can you guys give me some advice?
Eating humble pie.

Comments

• cuuloco10cuuloco10 Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Study the concepts and execute the labs - and Lab, and Lab. I did encounter a couples of minor issues with some sims but overall it was a fun test. Good luck and keep us in the loop of the result.

I used:
    CBT Nuggets and SWITCH Guide - Lab@home - 3560,3550, 2950,and an old school 3524 PoE
  • Ryuksapple84Ryuksapple84 Member Posts: 183
    Trying to get hands on 3550s but don't have the funds for it right now because I am the only one working and supporting my wife and 2 year old... any suggestions?
    Eating humble pie.
  • TesseracTTesseracT Member Posts: 167
    Trying to get hands on 3550s but don't have the funds for it right now because I am the only one working and supporting my wife and 2 year old... any suggestions?

Do as much as you can on Dynamips/GNS3... Honestly it's great for the route exam but there's a lot of limitations using it for switch. It's still a great free option though, and it's what I used for passing the BCMSN (along with with real life experience though).
  • cuuloco10cuuloco10 Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i think there is a work-around to use GNS3 for SWITCH, so do some research and find out the possibility to use a router with a Switch module or a Multi FastEther module...

Guys , any other suggestions ?
  • MrBakerMrBaker Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□

PacketLife has a free labs can use, I haven't used them yet but have one scheduled for this weekend.
  • seekritseekrit Member Posts: 103
    Yes, Jeremy's lab over at packetlife.com is your best bet. You can also try our Cisco's new IOS over Unix labs. They're a bit costly if your on a budget, but I've been reading some good reviews.. The CCNP Switch 25 hour labs package is $75.

https://learningnetworkstore.cisco.com/market/prod/listSubCatLearnLab.se.work?TRGT=85&/nxt/rcrs/=2559&utm_source=cln-seo&utm_medium=link&utm_content=labs-cln-seo&utm_campaign=Promo-CLL