Resource Conflict

jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
OK, someone just called me with a computer problem.

Their computer was working fine and then all of a sudden they get an error that says

ERROR Resource Conflict - PCI in Slot2 BLS:00, device:OE

and of course they didn't do anything. LOL

they are running XP
GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Follow your A+ troubleshooting:

What was the most recent thing installed?
    Reseat your cards
    Uninstall, reboot, reinstall your drivers
    Check Device manager for conflicts, IRQ's DMA's I/O's
    Clean your system - blow out the dust (when reseating your cards).

Post back your results.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    Yes, I am trying to have her do this but she keeps telling me she did not do anything. I said well what did your son do. Of course nothing. I said what was the last thing you were doign before this error hapened, I dunno. LOL

Do you realize how hard it is to try and walk a 45 year old computer illiterate lady thru removing the cover and reseating and everything? LOL
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    sorry jescab, but this sounds like a case of a component with screwed settings or or something is failing - I suggest this unit needs to be on a techs workbench.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
    I agree - but I am betting this ladies son added something. I will see if I can get the thing in my hands
    This sounds like an IRQ conflict, that isn't even suppose to happen in 98.....once I get the box in my hands i will find out what is in slot 2 then check device manager and find out what is going on
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    jescab wrote:
    This sounds like an IRQ conflict, that isn't even suppose to happen in 98.....once I get the box in my hands i will find out what is in slot 2 then check device manager and find out what is going on
    jescab wrote:
    Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:40 pm Post subject: Resource Conflict

OK, someone just called me with a computer problem.

Their computer was working fine and then all of a sudden they get an error that says

ERROR Resource Conflict - PCI in Slot2 BLS:00, device:OE

and of course they didn't do anything. LOL

they are running

So are they running 98? Or XP? You first commented that is was XP?

And yes, it is far more simple to diagnosis things that are sitting in front of you than something over the phone. 45 isn't very old.... icon_mad.gif
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
    they are running XP. I said IRQ shouldn't even happen in 98 either.

I did not men that she was old becaus eshe is 45 but 45 and computer illiterate is a problem. icon_eek.gif
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    If no settings in Windows or the CMOS have been (deliberately) changed, then just try reseating the card in the slot. If the card as been installed for a long time it may just need the natural oxidization that collects on the gold fingers scraped off. And blow out all the dust while you are in there too.
    Yeppers, thanks. She will be dropping it off tonight and I will open it up and see what I have. I will start with just re-seating the cards and blowing the system out then go from there.

Thanks guys,
    JB
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Before you actually try to fix it, first start it up and see if you can reproduce the error condition. If you can't reliably reproduce the error you'll never know if you really fixed it or not.
  • darkmagicdarkmagic Member Posts: 127
    jescab wrote:
    Do you realize how hard it is to try and walk a 45 year old computer illiterate lady thru removing the cover and reseating and everything? LOL

What about a 80 year old & of course computer illeterate lady or sir, i do that everyday in my ISP support job icon_lol.gif

I guess that if i was in your place i would have completely uninstalled all the drivers for all the PCI cards display drivers, everything possible.

Then start plugging in each PCI card & then installing the driver for each one of them.

Thats because i had that error on my computer when i had my computer overloaded with PCI cards all the slots were full, & there were no free IRQ's on the computer to a point where IRQ sharing was giving me strange kind of errors.

The good thing was that i remembered that i had installed my TV Tuner card after which the issue started cropping up, & had just enabled my onboard sound card apart from the already active PCI sound card icon_wink.gif
    321hahaha.jpg