Options

MS Exam Cram Marathon Sessions on 8 Jun 2011

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
If you signed up for these, check your mailbox. You will find the courses and times listed. Just a heads up.

Comments

• Options
    JinuyrJinuyr Member Posts: 251 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Looking forward to it... Hopefully nobody bugs me on work that day so I can sit through most if not all of it.
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I am surprised that they are controlling it so tightly. I was getting worried because the login link had not showed up but a reminder to attend came this morning. The link email finally came around 6 PM PDT. It says login buttons will only appear 10 minutes before each session. This is tighter security than what I generally remember seeing. They must want this event to go very well. I have to miss two of the sessions that I wanted to attend because of a medical appointment. Oh well I hope the rebroadcasts don't take long to become available.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    XantchaXantcha Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I still haven't received the details yet. According to the timetable I saw it starts here at around 4pm and goes through to 4 or 5 am. If I understand it right, all the sessions are individual and require logging in to each one? There goes my hope of getting all the sessions via screen recording with camtasia.icon_cry.gif
  • Options
    Im signed up and hoping to get to these. HOWEVER, one of my users clicked on a pop up and infected his computer. Normally I could just wipe it clean while listening to the webinars, but this one is 175 miles away, so might be taking a road trip icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I just hopped in, 290 is going on. There are 500 people in this thing.

You will probably be interested in the following.
    As a special treat all recordings of the Microsoft Certified Career Conference in November 2010 and February 2011 can be found in the recording library for you to review and download.

All sessions today will be recorded and available for download till end of this week. To watch or download a session, please visit the agenda and look up related downloads to the session.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    I just hopped in, 290 is going on. There are 500 people in this thing.

You will probably be interested in the following.

[/COLOR]

I tried hopping into 290 just to make sure things were working; no good. IE 8 did not want to believe that java was installed even after installing the latest Oracle version and them telling me to get rid of anything with Sun on it. Other sites believe it is there. Still no go, IE also would not let me update the PC side client either button did not respond. Fired up firefox and after MS saying it was not a supported browser and popup stopper was on, I turned off popup stopper and then they liked it. Why does firefox always work better on Microsoft's own sites, it should be embarrassing for them.

Firefox let me install the local client so now he is prattling on about 291 and reminding me of long past bad memories of the beast. For those concerned they passed a question on to the Microsoft folks about 2003 exam status. The answer was that there is no current retirement date for the MCSA/MCSE exams. I am waiting for one of the SQL, Exchange, and the Vitalization session at the end of the day.

The current session has 522 attendees.
  • Options
    XantchaXantcha Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    TheShadow wrote: »

It would have been 523 but I still have nothing. No links, no logins, no passwords and no agenda. To say that I am not happy is an understatement. icon_mad.gif
  • Options
    Xantcha wrote: »
    It would have been 523 but I still have nothing. No links, no logins, no passwords and no agenda. To say that I am not happy is an understatement. icon_mad.gif

It fluctuates a lot. The link for my came in an email yesterday. The password came in an email a few days ago.

MCCC 2010 | Sign in is the link, but you password that was sent a couple days ago.
  • Options
    Virus crisis mentioned above avoided. Was able to clean things up remotely, so now listening to the sql 2008 webinar.
  • Options
    I tried hopping into 290 just to make sure things were working; no good. IE 8 did not want to believe that java was installed even after installing the latest Oracle version and them telling me to get rid of anything with Sun on it. Other sites believe it is there. Still no go, IE also would not let me update the PC side client either button did not respond. Fired up firefox and after MS saying it was not a supported browser and popup stopper was on, I turned off popup stopper and then they liked it. Why does firefox always work better on Microsoft's own sites, it should be embarrassing for them.

Firefox let me install the local client so now he is prattling on about 291 and reminding me of long past bad memories of the beast. For those concerned they passed a question on to the Microsoft folks about 2003 exam status. The answer was that there is no current retirement date for the MCSA/MCSE exams. I am waiting for one of the SQL, Exchange, and the Vitalization session at the end of the day.

I've had many problems with the latest version of Java being incompatible with different things, I'm running an older version. I'm also on IE7.
  • Options
    Fail. The 432 is still going and the 433 has started. So 380 are learning about installing/maintaining SQL while 130 are learning about SQL databases. I'm sure some of these people were hoping/expecting to do both.
  • Options
    Yeah 432 ran way long, finally had to kick him off.
  • Options
    This just made my day in the 70-662 webinar.

Question:
    If we are not sure about which answer is correct ..what should be choose the best answer ,, And can we go back which we passed question.? Are you recommend any **** questions website .?
    Answer: Not sure how to advise you on how to choose the best answer. I'm not positive how the question review system works, but you could call a local Prometric testing center and ask them. There wouldn't be any brain-**** sites we would recommend. Pleas see this page for more information: Microsoft Certification Exam Registration Questions l Exam Preparation FAQ l Exam Policies
    Question: Brain **** are cheating and if you are caught using them you can be de-certified. Stay away and actually learn the material so you aren't some question memorizing pile of crap!
    Answer: MeasureUp and Self Test Software are the only two authorized practice test providers.

The bold is what I wrote, I'm surprised they actually allowed it and posted it!
  • Options
    Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    Asif Dasl wrote: »
    That guy spent 20 minutes talking on how to take an exam! I gave him mediocre feedback at best... could of been better.

I wasn't really paying attention. I'll be checking out some of his later ones but I'm not really into exchange.

One thing that bothers me about the whole thing is how many instructors have spent time talking about the certification paths. We have an hour with an expert in the field. Are you really wasting a quarter of that talking about what I can read out of a book or ask any one of you guys?

The other bothersome thing from the ones that I have watched is that they don't really get in depth into anything. Some of these that I have watched is just listing out the objectives, again something I can easily look up. In one of the Windows 7 ones the instructor even said to technet/google/wikipedia the terms he was listing. I'll admit I haven't watched them all, but I would have expected some genuine teaching out of this. I know there is a lot of ground to cover in an hour, but providing that generic of an overview really won't do anyone any good.

But for free, what do you expect.
  • Options
    Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Having passed the 70-680 recently I was interested in what they had to say about it. It was good, it gave a lot of insight in to the very broad objectives.

But that 70-662 guy just posted the exam objectives off the MS website and gave no insight what exam questions would be like. He was meant to be an Exchange expert but I didn't come away with that feeling.
  • Options
    Asif Dasl wrote: »
    Having passed the 70-680 recently I was interested in what they had to say about it. It was good, it gave a lot of insight in to the very broad objectives.

But that 70-662 guy just posted the exam objectives off the MS website and gave no insight what exam questions would be like. He was meant to be an Exchange expert but I didn't come away with that feeling.

I agree, he said he had been teaching all day. I think he has burnout. He is on again after the hour break. I was the one that told him to put the survey slide back up.

Devilsbane I thought it might have been one of our members that wrote that. Good show mate.
  • Options
    I agree, he said he had been teaching all day. I think he has burnout. He is on again after the hour break. I was the one that told him to put the survey slide back up.

Devilsbane I thought it might have been one of our members that wrote that. Good show mate.

He has 2 hours after the break, 640 and 642. I'm interested in both of them, so hopefully it is a good show.
  • Options
    Not looking good

Question:
    I have a question.. why are you so tired today? all that yawning is making me tired! :P
    Answer: I've taught a full day myself.