Options

Question about using a bluetooth headset as a cheap wireless PC headset

exampasserexampasser Member Posts: 718 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have been thinking about picking up a cheap Bluetooth headset to use as a normal PC headset for listening to Centra sessions that I have for my classes. Will my PC treat it as a normal speaker/mic device?

Comments

• Options
    nimrod.sixty9nimrod.sixty9 Banned Posts: 125 ■□□□□□□□□□
    exampasser wrote: »
    I have been thinking about picking up a cheap Bluetooth headset to use as a normal PC headset for listening to Centra sessions that I have for my classes. Will my PC treat it as a normal speaker/mic device?

In my experince, Win7 does really well with sound devices (not sure what you have). You can quickly select default sound device and be good to go. If the BT device is really considered a headset then you should be good to go.
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Just make sure you get a decent bluetooth dongle. My laptop with built in bluetooth works amazingly well with the rocketfish headset I picked up at best buy. The little el-cheapo dongle I bought years back for my desktop however, the sound quality is awful. I think it's mostly to do with driver issues but I haven't really had the time enough to worry about fixing it. Will probably end up buying a new dongle.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    exampasserexampasser Member Posts: 718 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I got my bluetooth headset today and it works fine, the only issue though is that I can only go about 10 feet from my PC before audio starts to break up.
  • Options
    victorjohn9211victorjohn9211 Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Which brand are you using?