Switch in 90 minutes

Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
Alright, round 2 with the switch exam. Put in more hours than I can count.

Still pretty scared. From my first attempt there were a large number of questions that I remember that I never did find in any of my materials. I am just hoping I don't see them again or that they are ungraded questions.

Anyhow, I am taking this test for free on my job before they cut the money to that. So I might as well take it for practice at the very least.

I'll post with the results.
-Daniel

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Good luck!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Best of luck!!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck, knock em dead!
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Good luck.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    I hope you are falling on the floor drunk from celebration. Why else would you keep us in suspense? haha
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Welp, got my ass kicked. I think I remember that with Cisco you can't say your score. Or was that Microsoft? NDA clarification here?

Anyhow please don't IM/email me with ****, thanks.

Areas I got hurt -
    1) Lotsa specifics on the 6500 series platform, I have no experience there with the supervisor engines etc.
    2) I choked on a sim, every command I thought I was supposed to do gave me "command not supported" so I am sure that was huge on my score. But the other 4 sims I am sure I did right as they were the same from last time.
    3) CRAZY amounts of wireless. I was completely shocked. I would say it was the single largest area I had to deal with.

Not sure where I went wrong, never failed a test twice, and to fail it so poorly.

1) Took a class at the community college
    2) Read the Foundations Learning Guide x2
    3) Read the exam guide x3
    4) CBTnuggets and Video Mentor x2 each
    5) LAN Switch Security x2 (dozens of hours labbing here)
    6) Did both the old and current lab guide cover to cover from memory
    7) I have a couple years experience setting up swiches
    icon_cool.gif CCNA Wireless book for wireless concepts and lab ideas

I think the bottom line with experience with the 6500 and enterprise wireless I am just not gonna be able to pass this one. The gap that is between the materials and the exam is supposed to be filled by a layer of exerpience I just don't have there.
    -Daniel
  • ConstantlyLearningConstantlyLearning Member Posts: 445
    Daniel333 wrote: »
    Welp, got my ass kicked. I think I remember that with Cisco you can't say your score. Or was that Microsoft? NDA clarification here?

Anyhow please don't IM/email me with ****, thanks.

Areas I got hurt -
    1) Lotsa specifics on the 6500 series platform, I have no experience there with the supervisor engines etc.
    2) I choked on a sim, every command I thought I was supposed to do gave me "command not supported" so I am sure that was huge on my score. But the other 4 sims I am sure I did right as they were the same from last time.
    3) CRAZY amounts of wireless. I was completely shocked. I would say it was the single largest area I had to deal with.

Not sure where I went wrong, never failed a test twice, and to fail it so poorly.

1) Took a class at the community college
    2) Read the Foundations Learning Guide x2
    3) Read the exam guide x3
    4) CBTnuggets and Video Mentor x2 each
    5) LAN Switch Security x2 (dozens of hours labbing here)
    6) Did both the old and current lab guide cover to cover from memory
    7) I have a couple years experience setting up swiches
    icon_cool.gif CCNA Wireless book for wireless concepts and lab ideas

I think the bottom line with experience with the 6500 and enterprise wireless I am just not gonna be able to pass this one. The gap that is between the materials and the exam is supposed to be filled by a layer of exerpience I just don't have there.

Sounds like you probably know all the main stuff (STP, etc) but got unlucky in the exam with the smaller topics like wireless and 6500 redundancy features. Just hammer those other areas out and go for it again. You'll get it.

Good luck.
    "There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Bummer man. Sounds more so like you got an unlucky pool of questions. Dust yourself off and take it again soon!
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • TesseracTTesseracT Member Posts: 167
    Glad I took the BCMSN exam then, there were quite a few random questions but doesn't seem close to the crap that the Switch exam is expecting. 6500 questions? There was nothing at all on that when I took my exam...
  • NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    Don't give up! Write down everything that you can remember and study at it again and again. Goodluck