Options

Will the Exam 70-270 end June 30th 2011?

dan101dan101 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
Does anyone know if the exam will retire or expire on June 30th 2011 just like the MCDST (Exam 70-271 and 70-272) since both of these exam deals with Windows XP in some aspect.

Here's a link that I found for expired MS Certification, but the 70-270 exam is NOT on the list.

Microsoft Certification Exam Development l New Certification Exams l Discontinued IT Exams

thx

Dan101

Comments

• Options
    Shadly1Shadly1 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Doubtful. Ending all OS exams for XP would be MAJOR. If it was set to retire, that info would be on the page ---> Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows XP Professional

It's not that big of a deal though. If you have taken it and passed, it counts. If you have not taken it and it gets retired, move up to Win7.

If you have studied for it for weeks and it gets retired in that time frame... ouch!
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    270 still has no end in site. 271 and 272 are out at the end of the month.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    Lord NikonLord Nikon Member Posts: 115
    I'd say go for it. Didn't Microsoft say that the XP support was extended to 2014 or something like that?
    "This is our world now. The world of the electron and the switch; the beauty of the baud. We exist without nationality, skin color, or religious bias. You wage wars, murder, ****, lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals. Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop me, but you can't stop us all.."