Deal of the Day - Ipv6 for Enterprises (Cisco Press)

Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
Front page of ciscopress.com

For 10 bucks, I *sincerely* recommend picking this up if you have any responsibility for a publicly accessible network.

This is a great choice for a deal of the day in the wake of World IPv6 Day, and all of the post mortem going on from that now. Take the opportunity to educate yourself and get ahead of the game now, those who are ready when ipv6 demand finally hits a critical mass and becomes mandatory will be much better positioned than those who are playing catch up.

(I do not work for any of the companies involved in the production or distribution of this book, I'm recommending it simply based on my opinion of the quality of the book, and my sincere desire to do anything I can to speed the adoption of ipv6)

Comments

• SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    This book has actually been the deal of the day quite a few times already. It seems Cisco eBook of the day only rotates between a handful of books. (I've been checking that page for a few weeks now)

SWITCH, ROUTE, TSHOOT, IPv6, Network Testing, PKI, and maybe one or two others.

I'm really hoping they expand the list.

I just wanted to throw that out there in case someone misses this thread and finds it another day.

Although there is no guarantee they will continue trend.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice find! i agree IPv6 should be focused on a bit more in the certs these days. I believe cisco will continue the 9.99 ebook specials.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Yeah, I actually picked it up awhile ago, the first time it was the deal of the day.

With all the recognition ip6 is getting from world ip6 day, I figured it was worth striking while the iron is hot.
  • vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah, I actually picked it up awhile ago, the first time it was the deal of the day.

With all the recognition ip6 is getting from world ip6 day, I figured it was worth striking while the iron is hot.

+1 Just picked up this E-book. Looks to be an outstanding reference. Do they have a similar book that is targeted for service providers?
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Deploying ipv6 Networks from Cisco Press is pretty good for that. It's not specifically targeted at SP's though
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    This is back again today. Based on your recommendation I now have to get it.
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Yea I am going to pick it up this time. Should be a good read for my CCDP studies.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS