Anyone here setup ASA Smart Tunnels to XenDesktop?

millworxmillworx Member Posts: 290
Maybe this belongs in the security section, but since this is in regards to virtualization I figured I'de give it a shot. I'm astounded at the lack of documentation in regards to this subject.

What I am trying to do is setup smart tunnels, so when a user logs into the WebVPN it autolaunches the smart tunnel so the ICA client connects to the VDI.

The questions I have are.

1.) Does the client need to have the ICA client installed prior to logging into webvpn?

2.) How do I specifiy how the user reaches the DDC Server?

It's a long shot, but maybe one of you guys out there has done this before :)

Right now I just have a bookmark on the portal passing the credentials to the VDI login page, which works, but I would much rather this be seemless. (i.e - user logs into webvpn and it just starts the desktop session)
Currently Reading:
CCIE: Network Security Principals and Practices
CCIE: Routing and Switching Exam Certification Guide

Comments

• shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Hmmmm....I'm not sure if the setup I have done is identical to yours but I'll give it a go :)

In the WebVPN config you can have a smart tunnel auto start and setup the auto sign-on server for your environment. Then just have the home page redirect to the web interface for the VDI environment. I looked and I had set it up similar to what you did but to allow other applications to be available in the portal. Give that a shot and let me know if it works like it should because I've found it rarely does with the ASA. icon_lol.gif

joe
  • millworxmillworx Member Posts: 290
    I am doing something similar at the moment. I have Webvpn setup so it just sends post data to the Citrix portal and it works. But it's rather slow at the moment. I think this might be acceptable at the moment rather than smart tunnels, as we arent using the full blown client at the moment anyways.

But just wanted to know the options I have. :)
    Currently Reading:
    CCIE: Network Security Principals and Practices
    CCIE: Routing and Switching Exam Certification Guide