MCSE/MCSA Study lab

zimbozimbo Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi, im new to the forum but not new to certs :)

im about to embark on my mcsa and i saw a very good article on a ccna lab in the cisco side.. is there something like that for mcse lab? if not could someone help me alot to build one for my mcsa? I have no clue where to start or what ill need so please be as descursive as possible icon_cool.gif

thanks! and hope i can help you guys sometime!

Comments

• zimbozimbo Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    bump?

Any help in setting up my lab would be great please icon_cool.gif
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I'm currently using just two Pcs, connected through a cheap hub. I'm saving for one more box, and lots of ram. I plan of running a couple of Virtual Pcs, so I can have a "server" for everything. Although, just two computers networked together will work fine. Most books assume you have at least that setup for their excersises to practice on.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
    what are you running on your two pc's? server and xp?
    Right now, Server and Pro, but that will change to Server-Server when I start on 218.
    ah okay... well im looking at the 2003 track

which exams will i use server - server? 70-290 and 70-291?

as well on your pro-server setup, where can i find out the actual installation procedure? i mean dont they have to be on like a workgroup or domain?
    The OS doesn't matter, I could be using W98 and ME, a lab is still a lab. If you want MCSE 2003 info, such as which exams are required, look here. If you don't have a book yet, try the M$ Press books for each exam, they come with an eval copy of 2003 to practice with. I would also recco a second source such as Sybex, or another. To install server, you have to be on either a workgroup, or a domain. You can choose workgroup, and then join a domain at later time, if you wanted to. It's just a lab, if you screw up, you can always start over.