CPE and CEH

xhatafxxhatafx Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello All,

I have a question that after passing my CEH Exam, how many CPE points will I be entitled to. I know we need 120 CPE in period of three years to keep our CEH updated. But how many CPE one receives after passing CEH.

Thanks

Comments

• tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I need to look this up so I can add it under my CPEs for my CISSP.
  • xhatafxxhatafx Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    If you are referring to CPEs for your CEH exam (that I assume you just passed), I am pretty sure the answer is 0. You technically weren't required to earn CPEs until AFTER you passed the CEH, and you can't count anything prior to passing the exam.

Unless, like tpatt100, you mean for another cert such as CISSP, in which case the amount of CPEs you can claim is directly related to how much time you spent studying, it's not a set amount for earning other certs.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I've never heard of receiving CPEs for just passing a cert exam, or for having a certification. You can get CPEs for attending a cert study course, or for your own self-study.
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    edited January 2022
    colemic wrote: »
    If you are referring to CPEs for your CEH exam (that I assume you just passed), I am pretty sure the answer is 0. You technically weren't required to earn CPEs until AFTER you passed the CEH, and you can't count anything prior to passing the exam.

Unless, like tpatt100, you mean for another cert such as CISSP, in which case the amount of CPEs you can claim is directly related to how much time you spent studying, it's not a set amount for earning other certs.

I thought the same too but my bootcamp ended on the day I took the exam and I submitted the time there just to see if it would work; they cleared it :).

They also accept security certifications you take throughout the year for 40 CPEs each. Whether they take retroactive certs in the same CPE year is a question for Delta admin:

EC-Council ECE Delta System

My CPT cert was taken but I officially passed it a full month later than achieving my CEH.
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    lol, thats not a good sign. I swear, Ec-Council needs to hire me.
  • xhatafxxhatafx Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks for your responses guys, I think i have to email CEH guys and ask what they think of this situation. Secondly, I haven't appeared in CEH exam yet. Actually I had passed my CISA.

Regards