Another newly-minted EA!!

EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
Finally got past the 647 today, scraped past with a 718. By a long shot, the hardest test I have taken thus far. The sheer breadth of topics can be quite overwhelming and to cram all that knowledge is quite an achievement in its own right.

I am not embarrassed to admit that this was my 4th attempt at this beast of a test. The first time I went in I really wanted to see what the exam was like, not ideal I know, but I went in to test the waters. Got a dismal score, not worth telling you guys about. Second shot, bettered my score by over a 100 points. Third time I went in, 2 weeks ago, I was confident I'd pass by got hammered by a load of virtualisation questions, came up short, got a 638. This time I went and got hit by the same usual topics, App-V/RDS/Hyper-v/GPO/RMS. But I was prepared for them, I labbed RDS, Hyper-v and GPO's as much as I could.

This test resembles a virtualisation test more than it does a server test. At one point I thought that MS are intent on failing people by making the test artificially hard. Some questions were so open-ended, as in all 4 answer choices could be right, I swear they could be. I didnt leave a comment, though I should have. I cant discuss the questions here, but I am sure you'd be like WTF?, all 4 are possible. Totally stumped by those questions, in those questions I just went with the most secure option, just makes sense I guess.

When I get home, I'll post a few links to topics such as App-v/Med-v/RDS that really helped in the days leading upto today.

And yeah, it's beer o' clock!!! :Dicon_thumright.gif
NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com

Comments

• sina2011sina2011 Member Posts: 239 ■□□□□□□□□□
    eyy essendon congrats on the pass.

I passed with the exact score as well :)
  • LCALCA Member Posts: 215
    Well done and congrats. Make sure to have a beer or 3 (you deserve it!!) icon_thumright.gif

I agree with you observation about multiple answers being correct. I found numerous questions like that when I sat 647. I well remember coming out of the exam feeling totally mentally drained.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://sqlsnapshots.blogspot.com/ - My SQL Server exam resources blog
  • Jander1023Jander1023 Member Posts: 160
  • pzeropzero Member Posts: 192
    Congrats on the pass!

Whats next on the cert list?
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    I agree about the difficulty of the test. I remember feeling totally drained when I took it.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Congratulations! You definitely deserve that EA.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Todd BurrellTodd Burrell Member Posts: 280
    Congrats - I passed 647 with a close score of 733 and I was VERY glad to be done with this beast. It was the second hardest Microsoft exam I have taken (70-293 was the worst), but the testlets and weird questions made 647 a bear. I do agree that there were a few questions where all 4 answers SEEMED right - and picking the right answer was impossible.

I finished my EA yesterday as well, but I took 70-680 last. After 647 the 680 test was much easier.

Again, congrats...
  • CChilderhoseCChilderhose Member Posts: 137
    Congrats on the pass. Nice to see another EA. icon_cool.gif
    VCAP-DCA, VCP 55
    MCITP: EA, VA, SA
    VCAP-DCD, VCP6 -- COMING SOON
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats! Welcome of the EA Club.
  • Lord NikonLord Nikon Member Posts: 115
    congrats! Celebrate :)
    "This is our world now. The world of the electron and the switch; the beauty of the baud. We exist without nationality, skin color, or religious bias. You wage wars, murder, ****, lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals. Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop me, but you can't stop us all.."

• SamHawkinsSamHawkins Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass. I took this a couple of weeks ago and only just failed, but unfortunately i cant use my free second shot which is annoying cos of work. I will remember to double check on those areas you have mentioned hopefully get it passed early July.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on passing! You earned this one!
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Psoasman wrote: »
    Congrats on passing! You earned this one!

congrats /beer
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thank you everyone!!

I couldnt reply yesterday because of a massive Internet outage we had. Undecided as to what cert is next on the list. I am going to go towards the virtualisation side of things, so it could be the 652 or I could be starting on the VCP.

I said I'd post some links that were quite helpful on some topics, so here they are.
    Microsoft Virtual Desktop 101 ? making sense of VDI, RDS, App-V, MED-V and desktop virtualisation - Ian Moulster's blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs