CompTIA A+ Book Vs Real

poszeoneposzeone Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
something i have noticed over the time i have been studying.

one of the things is how you can study and know the answers but in real life, it's not even like the book .

i have been on a computer since 1995. i use computers for muisic (pro tools,wavelab,logic (win) and acid)and with all the downloading i have done (LOL) i have learned alot, and i will say there are things i have learned that is nothing like the book.

like things from removing the ms-doom to crack software bug's, .iso's and .img's . i could go on and on. really, when you do/did music on a computer in the late 90's early 00's you had to config. your system to work right, and then deal with badly coded programs that may or may not miss up your system.

what i am saying is the CompTIA A+ is just not the same as real world .

Comments

• EuclidJonesEuclidJones Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This is part of the reason CompTIA recommends you have a certain amount of in-the-field experience before going for your A+ cert. Of course, I'm seeing more and more companies requiring the cert before they'll give you an entry level position so this may or may not be feasible.

It's not the same as the real world. But the A+ cert doesn't mean you'll know how to solve every potential problem a user may have. What it does mean is that you have a decent amount of general technical knowledge, and more importantly a good understanding of the troubleshooting process so that even if you don't know the problem you can still figure it out and then get it fixed.