Exam in 2 weeks, Important topics??

SanethSaneth Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey.. im taking my test in 2 weeks.... what topics and chapters should i stress on to ensure that i pass??

Im Using All-in-One and Exam Cram.. are these books ok??

Comments

• bproctorbproctor Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed last friday after skimming through Darrill Gibson's book and practice questions from exam force. I also found examisms to be some what helpful. I bought a book of about 900 questions from them.
  • JoshD779JoshD779 Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Organizational Security, Organizational Security, Organizational Security. This seems to be a Major objective in the Sec+ exams lately. OS hardening, access control, and pen-testing/vulnerability scanning were also prevalent in my exam. You really need to be pretty good on all of the objectives, though. The exam is very scenario-oriented where you have to pick the best course of action. Good Luck!
    WGU BS-IT Network Design and Management

Complete: EWB, LAC1, LAE1, LAT1, LUT1, WFV1, INC1, INT1, TEV1, TTV1, HVC1, HVT1, TNV1, CLC1, TSV1, LET1, TPV1, ORC1

Que:
    AKV1, QLC1, QMC1, QLT1, MGC1, SSC1, SST1, ABV1, AHV1, AIV1,BHV1, BIV1, TWA1, CPW3
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Welcome to the forum. What is your security background? I found the test easy and passed just by using Darill Gibson's book.
  • SanethSaneth Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm a Desktop Support Engineer.. dont have much experience with the security concepts discussed in the Sec+ exam other than Malware and Viruses

Thanks so much for the info guys :)
  • Glyphic83Glyphic83 Member Posts: 33 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Saneth wrote: »
    Hey.. im taking my test in 2 weeks.... what topics and chapters should i stress on to ensure that i pass??

Im Using All-in-One and Exam Cram.. are these books ok??

As many others who have passed this exam will tell you, get darril Gibson's book. The kindle version is very reasonable. If you're getting 90% or more on his practice questions, you'll pass with flying colors. If not, it will show what areas to study. Best of luck icon_smile.gif
  • louisevlouisev Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Glyphic83 wrote: »
    As many others who have passed this exam will tell you, get darril Gibson's book. The kindle version is very reasonable. If you're getting 90% or more on his practice questions, you'll pass with flying colors. If not, it will show what areas to study. Best of luck icon_smile.gif

you don't know how much of a comfort that is! I'm afraid the Comptia courseware is full of labs on how to become a certificate authority on Windows 2008 - ARGH!
  • louisevlouisev Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Glyphic83 wrote: »

I just finished Darrill's book, got an 87% on his questions because I messed up understanding what a Faraday cage really does, otherwise it would have been over 90%. But I also passed the CompTia sample test with an 83%. I have tomorrow and the weekend to study. I don't expect to pass with flying colors, but now at least I am confident that I am going to pass with another day or so of studying and reviewing my weak areas.