Options

CCNP

SushitSushit Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Users on the network no longer have connectivity to the e-mail server. Upon investigation,
you notice that the access list commands have been changed. What are the commands to
remedy the situation?
Router(config-fi)#access list 110 permit 10.10.10.10 255.255.255.255 eq smtp

Comments

• Options
    johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    ??? Im not sure were that came from. But the syntax is incorrect , need to specify TCP, also having a 255.255.255.255 wildcard mask so it would be easier to drop the net and subnet and just state any.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sushit wrote:
    Users on the network no longer have connectivity to the e-mail server. Upon investigation,
    you notice that the access list commands have been changed. What are the commands to
    remedy the situation?
    Router(config-fi)#access list 110 permit 10.10.10.10 255.255.255.255 eq smtp

access list 110 permit (ip,TCP,udp) XXXX xxxx eq (port number or name)

to be more specific if you only want 1 address to pass this make the subnet mask all zeros so that the checking will have to match exactly
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    YankeeYankee Member Posts: 157
    I think the router will change an all zeroes mask to the host keyword if I remember correctly. Won't swear to it because I write them with the host keyword, so I can't be positive me memory is accurate if you use all zeroes.

Yankee
  • Options
    darkuserdarkuser Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    shouldn't it be ?

access list 110 permit tcp any 10.10.10.10 255.255.255.255 eq smtp

also it depends whether this line IS the whole access list
    or just a single line from a larger access-list.
    the whole acl may have to be re-pasted or re-applied to an interface.

or
    access list 110 permit tcp any host 10.10.10.10 eq smtp

assuming 10.10.10.10 is the host processing smtp packets.
    rm -rf /