Best Current Practice Tests??

BascotieBascotie Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I don't mean to float my boat but I feel that I'm ready to start doing practice tests after studying and years of computer experience. What would you guys recommend as some practice tests online that I could take for free, and have a great chance of passing the A+ Essentials as long as I can get those questions correct?

thanks!

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I don't recommend 'practice' tests.

Study the objectives.
    Have some experience and read a book or two for review or jargon specifics.

'Practice' tests, to me, are cheating. If you use the author's evaluation exam as a means to assess your knowledge before study beings, this is one thing. But to sit and memorize questions (or just simply get 'used' to questions for a score) serves no benefit.

A+ exams are not difficult. If you have experience and you are comfortable with the objectives, read Meyers and/or Sybex if you want and schedule your exams. Then move on to your next certs.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • sentimetalsentimetal Member Posts: 103
    If you're using a book that has review questions at the end, just make sure you're capable of answering those questions as you go along. Look at the Comptia objectives and see if there is anything you may have missed, etc.

I wouldn't recommend spending $30 on practice tests, though, since A+ seems like a memorization test.
  • CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I didn't use any practice test. I thought I needed to, and I even asked here on the forums but I never used any and passed just fine. The A+ isn't hard at all so don't waste your money. As said above, study the objectives.
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • EuclidJonesEuclidJones Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you're going to do a practice test, do that practice test once and once only. If you repeat the test you're very likely to remember what the correct answer is due to having been through the test before rather than due to actual knowledge.

I'll hop aboard the "study the objectives" train.
  • BascotieBascotie Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    objectives it is! thanks guys!
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Bascotie wrote: »
    objectives it is! thanks guys!

Good luck.

When will you schedule your exams?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • BascotieBascotie Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Plantwiz wrote: »
    Good luck.

When will you schedule your exams?

heh, not sure. I guess after I've studied all the objectives
  • SamLea27SamLea27 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    A couple quick suggestions:

Make your won flash cards to quiz yourself, always works well for me.

I am not completely opposed to practice tests, I have used the one at Free Practice Tests | KnowledgeBuster.com myself, they are free, but you should only take it once like mentioned above.

Make a friend or loved one "quiz" you by asking questions.

Just my 2 cents of course icon_lol.gif