Options

Need two more people for (ISC)2 SSCP Item writing event in San Antonio, TX in June

JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
I just received this email. If you have an SSCP cert and are in good standing with the (ISC)2, and can be in San Antonio the weekend of June 10th (hotel, travel, and most food paid for), please email Dave White ASAP.
Good afternoon,

We had some last minute cancelations of volunteers for the upcoming event in San Antonio. Who do you know that you feel comfortable in inviting to the event? It will have to be someone that holds a active SSCP Certification and able to immediately commit to the weekend and airline flights.

We have 2 spots available and possibly 3 if a lot of recommendations are made. Please pass the information on to your college that you feel would be able to attend or pass their information to me and I will send an official invitation.

Thank you for your last minute help.

The event details are as follows

Event Location
San Antonio, TX

Dates
Friday, June 10th – Sunday June 12th (Travel to San Antonio TX on Thursday, June 9th)

Volunteer Education Item Writer Objective:
Create, review, edit and approve education study questions on topics outlined in the SSCP Candidate Information Bulletin (CIB) according to the (ISC)2 Item Writing Guidelines. These questions will be used in various education materials. Following a presentation on the guidelines, you will work individually and as a group to develop questions that conform to these standards.

For Your Help:
You will earn 1 CPE per work hour, 22 hours are scheduled for this event.

Travel Expenses
(ISC)2 will cover all meals and travel-related expenses including air travel and hotel accommodations.
** Please note: Travel expenses will be covered according to the (ISC)2 travel policy.**
Note:
Due to ANSI restrictions, participants in the actual (ISC)2 SSCP certification exam development efforts may not participate in educational item writing for at least twelve months (and vice versa).
If you are interested in participating, please reply to this email or contact directly:

David White
Product Development Manager
(ISC)2®
Security Transcends Technology®
(P) [URL="tel:%2B1.727.785.0189%20x205"]+1.727.785.0189 x205[/URL]
(F) [URL="tel:%2B1.727.786.2989"]+1.727.786.2989[/URL]
Dwhite@isc2.org

Comments

• Options
    w0rdw0rd Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Not on the topic of SSCP, however...

On the ISC2 member page, I checked the box that I was interested in participating in question writing. Is that enough.. just sit and wait.. or is it recommended to also reach out this individual to be considered for future CISSP writing events? Or are the CISSP ones hard to get an invite to?
  • Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    Wow, wish I could have been involved with that one, for the CPE's alone.

<--- Already in San Antonio, no need to fly me in.
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Options
    azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    They have one coming up in Chicago, send David an email if you are interested. Same amount of CPE's for both SSCP and CISSP if you attend either event. If David doesn't have an opening now he will add you to the list for the next event. It never hurts to ask.
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    They had a glut of people apply for that workshop. I just received my lottery rejection email. icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Don't forget you can also proctor an exam and earn some cash (mileage as well as food) as well as CPE's. I signed up to proctor an exam where I live in Dec. of this year.
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS