Options

Question about topology types

XtendXtend Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
hello all, i have a question about topologies. I'm currently studying for CCENT, but i dont' do it in order like the book says, i'm kinda jumping from one topic to an other, and i found the folowing image once in my web-surfing. How do u connect 1 router to two other routers with only 1 cable? that exits on Fa0/0
My question is: how do u setup this kind of topology in GNS3 or PT or even with real hardware.
Also i would like if some1 can explain the difference between L1/L2 topologies and L3 topologies. How do u draw on paper a topology, knowing how the cables are connected. Before i thought that u just draw the cables as lines between routers/switches, but now i'm having second thoughts on that :P and i'm pretty sure it's not the right way
screenshoterw.th.png

Comments

• Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Xtend wrote: »
    hello all, i have a question about topologies. I'm currently studying for CCENT, but i dont' do it in order like the book says, i'm kinda jumping from one topic to an other, and i found the folowing image once in my web-surfing. How do u connect 1 router to two other routers with only 1 cable? that exits on Fa0/0
    Create a sub interface. Notice on R6, there is a Fa0/0.67 and Fa0/0.146? You go and create those subintfs the same way you'd enter into intf config mode.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    XtendXtend Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    and how would L1 topology look like? icon_confused.gif
  • Options
    danielno8danielno8 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Xtend wrote: »
    and how would L1 topology look like? icon_confused.gif

A switch would be in there.