Security+ tomorrow

Jack2Jack2 Member Posts: 153
Time for the test.. scoring 94-96 in the cramsessions and with Darryl's test. Wish me luck!

UPDATE: PASSED!! 856
WGU Courses Completed at WGU: CPW3, EWB2, WFV1, TEV1, TTV1, AKV1, TNV1| TSV1, LET1, ORC1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CVV1, DHV1, DIV1, DJV1, TXP1, TYP1, CUV1, TXC1, TYC1, CJV1
Classes Transferred: BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LAT1, LUT1 ,1LC1, 1MC1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1, SSC1, SST1, CLC1
WGU Graduate - BSIT 2014

Comments

• JinuyrJinuyr Member Posts: 251 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck to you tomorrow.
  • MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    best of luck
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.
  • Jack2Jack2 Member Posts: 153
    MrXpert wrote: »
    best of luck

Thank you all!! So is the real test that close to Daryll's book test?
    WGU Courses Completed at WGU: CPW3, EWB2, WFV1, TEV1, TTV1, AKV1, TNV1| TSV1, LET1, ORC1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CVV1, DHV1, DIV1, DJV1, TXP1, TYP1, CUV1, TXC1, TYC1, CJV1
    Classes Transferred: BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LAT1, LUT1 ,1LC1, 1MC1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1, SSC1, SST1, CLC1
    WGU Graduate - BSIT 2014
  • bhawkdbabhawkdba Registered Users Posts: 1 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck, I take mine Friday. I hope all this studying pays off. I am using exam force, skillport, the test on here, prelogic preview exam, Darril Gibson's book, Examism, proproofs, and anything else I can find online. I just wish I could retain this stuff better!!! But, once again GOOD LUCK!!
    Jack2 wrote: »
    Thank you all!! So is the real test that close to Daryll's book test?

BAMMM!! This baby is history! (at least for 3 years...) a respectable 856/900 (95.1%) points

The TRIAD is complete. The next COMPTIA Cert is Project+. I have to get LET1,ORC1, MGC1 out of the way in short order.

Lots of which is BEST questions. You really have to READ the questions.

Thanks to the forum for the help all! I used Daryll's book and cramsession mostly along with the COMPTIA book.
    WGU Graduate - BSIT 2014
  • jasonlmarshjasonlmarsh Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I passed mine today too, with an 827 using only Darryl's book and the practice tests here on this site. I did find myself having to read and re-read the questions, they were quite wordy...
  • bigbadjimmypbigbadjimmyp Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    HI there!
    I am a bit of a n00b on this site, and am wondering where one actually gets "Darryl's book"
    I am sitting the course starting Monday in the UK.
    I have the 301 exam from ************, and a load of .vce files

Any advice?
    I aim to take the test on Thursday or before.....

deep breath!

Thanks
    HI there!
    I am a bit of a n00b on this site, and am wondering where one actually gets "Darryl's book"
    I am sitting the course starting Monday in the UK.
    I have the 301 exam from ************, and a load of .vce files

Any advice?
    I aim to take the test on Thursday or before.....

deep breath!

Thanks

Try this amazon link.
    Amazon.com: CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-201 Study Guide (9781439236369): Darril Gibson: Books

Advice: Study hard and stay away from brain ****, many can contain questions that WILL mislead you and do not help you learn the subject at all.
    WGU Graduate - BSIT 2014
    I took the exam last Thursday, and smashed it with 970.
    I can also advise to stay away from the **** to a certain extent, or to use them as an aid ONLY.
    Read the books, and apply joined up thinking, and if you have studied hard enough...well I don't want to sound like someone's dad,but the hard work does pay off in the end.
    EXCH 2k7 next!

Good luck all!
  • louisevlouisev Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I can also advise to stay away from the **** to a certain extent, or to use them as an aid ONLY.
    Read the books, and apply joined up thinking, and if you have studied hard enough...well I don't want to sound like someone's dad,but the hard work does pay off in the end.
    EXCH 2k7 next!

Good luck all!

did you take the sample exam here beforehand? How did you do? I just got an 80, I've been at this now for about 7 days, most of the way through Darrill's book, and just took the second section of the CompTia Security+ online courseware which has the CEU's. Still not acing Darrill's chapter tests but I'm still at it.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod

Seriously? Using stolen property is OK as long as it is "as and aid only"?
  • TackleTackle Member Posts: 534
    louisev wrote: »
    did you take the sample exam here beforehand? How did you do? I just got an 80, I've been at this now for about 7 days, most of the way through Darrill's book, and just took the second section of the CompTia Security+ online courseware which has the CEU's. Still not acing Darrill's chapter tests but I'm still at it.

From what I read in his posts, I would assume he used **** and cheated to get the pass...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what it sounds like to me. I wouldn't take his advice if you paid me.
  • louisevlouisev Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    LucasMN wrote: »
    From what I read in his posts, I would assume he used **** and cheated to get the pass...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what it sounds like to me. I wouldn't take his advice if you paid me.

Oohhhhkay, I scrolled up. FFS, yeah you're right.
    Dear cyberguypr

Not particularly. Unless you live in a cave, you should realise that lots of people do it this way. Can you honestly say that you have ALWAYS paid for EVERYTHING on your PC?
    If so, then well done. I was merely intending to point out that the .vce files can be a valuable aid. Nothing more, nothing less. I was not advocating, or in any way condoning the use of illegal software. So please spare me the morality lecture.
    That said....you do have a valid point.
    LucasMN wrote: »

Thanks for your Comments Lucas.
    I will correct you, as you are wrong.
    I got the books and read them. I also trawled for sites like this one to gain any other training resources that I could.
    I sat a 5 day course, and studied anything that I could get my hands on, so I could cross reference training kits to weed out anomalous questions and answers.

Thanks for your kind comments, and judgemental attitude though.
    Best of luck.
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    EXCH 2k7 next!

Good luck all!

You shouldn't use **** at all.
    **********NEWSFLASH**********
    Right.
    Point Taken.
    enough already.
    I apologise unreservedly.
    I will confess next time I am passing St Peters' Basilica, and will consider handing myself in at the nearest Police station.
    Sorry I mentioned it
    I certainly will not again.
    Can we all stop crying, and becoming "holier than thou" now please?

If, I offended anyone's sensitivities or feelings, I regret it immensely.

Kind Regards.