Options

Finally CCNA, life resumes

mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
Don't like to think how 1x question cut the line of fate; scored 835, so it could have easily gone the other way if I didn't brush up on NAT last night.

This was my third attempt, although I don't really count the first one as I didn't take it seriously enough. Turns out I still suck at IPv6 and apparently dicing up IP blocks which is kinda surprising 'cos I'm pretty good at subnetting.

Really glad to finally get passed this one, it's really be holding me back mentally. I can hopefully get some more networking tasks at work now and maybe make use of the knowledge. No time to screw around though cos it's straight on to 70-649. Should be a fair bit easier as I use Server08 everyday.

Comments

• Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! I look forward to hearing about your 70-649 exam.

Don't let the score get to you. You put in your time to study and at the end of the day, you are a CCNA now :).

You have three years to work on your weak areas before renewal (assuming you retake the composite and not a specialty).
  • Options
    ccnxjrccnxjr Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This counts as 2x the victory as you've endured 2x the hardship!
    Way to go!
    Congrats on your pass!
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the pass and good luck on your next endeavor!
  • Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    mikedisd2 wrote: »
    Don't like to think how 1x question cut the line of fate; scored 835, so it could have easily gone the other way if I didn't brush up on NAT last night.

Congrats on the pass!

Not sure that there is a difference between barely passing, or perfect score, both are CCNA. It's what you work on after getting the cert, that makes the difference. The CCNA is only the beginning, you know?

Some people say don't study right before the test ... I say to do whatever helps you the best. This is probably an individual thing, based on what worked best for you on testing in the past.
    This was my third attempt, although I don't really count the first one as I didn't take it seriously enough. Turns out I still suck at IPv6 and apparently dicing up IP blocks which is kinda surprising 'cos I'm pretty good at subnetting.

It matters more that you did not give up, than anything else. Just be careful that you really understand and study stuff. Brute force methods might work, but they seem to get expensive!

Not clear how they grade, not something to worry about. There's always room for improvement. Even if you score perfect, you have lots of ways to grow in networking and Cisco knowledge.
    Really glad to finally get passed this one, it's really be holding me back mentally. I can hopefully get some more networking tasks at work now and maybe make use of the knowledge. No time to screw around though cos it's straight on to 70-649. Should be a fair bit easier as I use Server08 everyday.

Yeah, keep hitting the mind while it's in "study mode". You'll get a lot more out of it. Hope you get those other responsibilities you're looking for.
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Options
    THA_DOCTHA_DOC Member Posts: 99 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! And good luck with 70-649!
    An Open Mind, Working to Get IT!:cheers:

DOC
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations on the Pass icon_cheers.gif and the CCNA!!! icon_cheers.gif

It's time for a well earned Celebration!!! drunken_smilie.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    pzeropzero Member Posts: 192
    A win is a win matey. Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    instant000 wrote: »
    Yeah, keep hitting the mind while it's in "study mode".

Yeah, I know if I stop for a day or so, I'll fall straight out of routine. It does fell strange not spending the evening locked in front of the computer and time on the bus feels alot freer.

Thanks for the replies; gotta say despite the failures and the length of time this one took, I did enjoy the subject and the troubleshooting methods involved to resolve problems. Not to mention the IOS. If only MS could pick up on that kind of intuitive CLI.
  • Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    Yeah, I know if I stop for a day or so, I'll fall straight out of routine. It does fell strange not spending the evening locked in front of the computer and time on the bus feels alot freer.

Awesome, cool beans. I'm probably hitting the CCNA:Security next. What about you?
    Thanks for the replies; gotta say despite the failures and the length of time this one took, I did enjoy the subject and the troubleshooting methods involved to resolve problems.

Yeah. It takes getting to a certain point, before you fall "in love" LOL. It's not an automatic thing, but at some point, when you figure out something that isn't presented before you directly, it feels really cool.
    Not to mention the IOS. If only MS could pick up on that kind of intuitive CLI.

If you're speaking of the ? that tells you what's next, along with the tab-completion, then yes, that's nice. It's based on Unix, so, that has a lot to do with it.
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Options
    onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    Congrats on passing! Im sure thats a heavy weight lifted off your chest now. Still, I bet you know the material extremely well, which in the end is the whole point, right?
    If only MS could pick up on that kind of intuitive CLI.

Have a look into Linux. its all the OS and the lovely CLI. =^)
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Not to mention the IOS. If only MS could pick up on that kind of intuitive CLI.

Intuitive is... not a word I generally hear used to describe IOS. On the other hand, since the comparison is to Microsoft.....

You want to be blown away by a CLI, go play with JunOS