Options

work experience??

silverh20silverh20 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
So I'm signing up for a test in August but hesitated when I got to the part of the CISSP exam registration regarding the work experience requirement to be allowed to sit for the exam.

It says:

Have a minimum five years of direct full-time information security professional work experience in two or more of the ten domains of the (ISC)² CISSP CBK. If you hold a certificate on the (ISC)²-approved list, you may waive one year of the five-year requirement OR you may waive one year for a four-year college degree or a Master’s Degree in Information Security from a National Center of Excellence. No more than one year total of experience may be waived. Please refer to How to Certify for more details.

And what I'm worried about is the fact that even though I have 9 years experience total, I only worked full time during summers and januarys during college, and 2.5 years full time so far since being out of college. I multiplied the months and I get 50 months of full time.

Does my experience even count as full time if it wasnt year round during college even though when i did work it was full time?

I also have always worked part time during school. im assuming my degree makes me only need 4 years experience

Comments

• Options
    GangstaNerdGangstaNerd Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You just want to be careful before you invest time and money in preparation for the exam. Its my understanding that that you have to have direct experience consistently with the specified domains 4 years with degree or cert and 5 years without the two. Because even if you do pass the exam, ISC2 will audit your experience during the endorsement process. I would hate for you to get to the finish line and fall.
  • Options
    ya the only thing im concerned with is my experience hasnt been consistently full time, when my full time is added up it meets the requirement for 4 years but it hasnt been non stop. in between the full time ive always been part time. also ive always been self employed on the side too the whole time. im wondering if i should sign up and take the test anyway and if i have to explain myself just hope for the best.

ps. ive already got a company looking to hire me and endorse me. they said to call them when i took the test, not necessarily pass it.
  • Options
    TunYauTunYau Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Why don't you post summary of experience with time for us to advice if is possible ISC2 will give you a go
  • Options
    oo nice i just read your post you linked, that is very reassuring. ive been gearing all my focus on preparing for this test as it is an out for me to get out of my town and move into new and challenging career sectors so i was starting to stress out when i was registering and saw the experience reqs icon_cheers.gif