Options

Your top talent deserves your best effort

cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
Nice little article. Everyone should print a copy and put it on your manager's desk.

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/357201/Your_Top_Talent_Deserves_Your_Best_Retention_Work

Comments

• Options
    EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    Maybe I'll pass that out an exit interview when I leave here, lol.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    Managers don't do that stuff when nobody up the chain is doing it for the managers. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    WafflesAndRootbeerWafflesAndRootbeer Member Posts: 555
    As much as we hear about that idea in all the "business improvement and optimization" schlock that gets thrown around and preached to the corporate masses, hardly anyone ever really implements anything like that. More often than not in IT, the talented people get abused and exploited to make more money without any benefits to them while the mediocre ones get ahead, unless you happen to be working for a small company of people who genuinely invest in their employees because they know it's better for everyone to have happy, productive, and involved workers. Those are few and far between unfortunately.
  • Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    This is a pipe dream. Do more with less. The beatings will continue until morale improves. The problem is most places won't even look to doing these things until your foots out the door. These types of things are knee jerk reactions to employees putting in notice and managers realizing that losing them would take a major toll on their team. And yes, I'm sure that managers aren't getting the same treatment either. **** rolls down hill. Too many cliche's sorry.