Options

Updated CISSP Exam

azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
It appears that the CISSP exam is getting an update.
At this point, we are writing the Candidate Information Bulletin (CIB) for the updated CISSP, and in early 2012 we’ll introduce the new exam. The CSSLP will soon follow, and it will be published a bit later in 2012.
Currently Studying:
VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    Eh, that's probably just some propaganda to throw off Shon Harris. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    JDMurray wrote: »

I almost spit out my coffee laughing at this!

FWIW the current criteria was released in 2008 so it does appear about time for a refresh. As with most ISC(2) releases I would imagine that the core would remain the same and they will update minor sections of the CIB to reflect modern trends. Chances are the AIO5 will still be valid when this is finally released.
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • Options
    berriesberries Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    down77, with that you are correct. Right now, when you download the Candidate Information Bulletin from ISC they have Effective Date versions of 1/1/09 and 1/1/12. There are differences in the Key Areas of Knowledge, so it is worth a look.

Because the 2012 version mentions the CAP (which can be taken at a testing center), there is an extra thing that says "If the test is administrated via computers, candidates' pass/fail status is provided at the end of the testing on the site" (p.33). The same page also only lists the CAP as being available to take on a computer.

CIB's can be downloaded after filling out the form here: https://www.isc2.org/cib/default.aspx
  • Options
    azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    berries wrote: »
    down77, with that you are correct. Right now, when you download the Candidate Information Bulletin from ISC they have Effective Date versions of 1/1/09 and 1/1/12. There are differences in the Key Areas of Knowledge, so it is worth a look.

Because the 2012 version mentions the CAP (which can be taken at a testing center), there is an extra thing that says "If the test is administrated via computers, candidates' pass/fail status is provided at the end of the testing on the site" (p.33). The same page also only lists the CAP as being available to take on a computer.

CIB's can be downloaded after filling out the form here: https://www.isc2.org/cib/default.aspx

Thanks for the link and info. Welcome to Techexams
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)
  • Options
    JinuyrJinuyr Member Posts: 251 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I totally need to get crackin on this exam before it changes...
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote: »

Can you say AIO 6th Edition?:) icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Jinuyr wrote: »
    I totally need to get crackin on this exam before it changes...

I hear you on that one!icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.