Options

Failed ICND2

PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
Failed ICND2 with a 692, thinking about taking the full CCNA next try.

I got stuck on a simulation for 5 mins trying to figure out what it was asking me to do exactly and decided to skip it because I couldn't figure out what it wanted me to do. Then, I ran out of time so I had to guess on the last 4 questions.

Surprisingly NAT and ACLs were my best topic...
A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
A+, Network+, CCNA

Comments

• Options
    Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hard luck. If you plan to go further with Cisco certs then I would go over the weak topics and re-test on ICND2, it's cheaper and it's stuff you really need to know. But if you plan to stop with CCNA then maybe go the single test route and hope to get less ICND2 on it and get an easier exam.
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Sounds like you just had a rough time. I suggest not going the full CCNA route because you'll have to go through the ICND1 material again. I think that you should stay with the ICND2 materials and kick some butt.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    I guess I'll decide which route to take when I'm ready to re-test... It might be awhile, I'm getting ready to move in a week and a half and start a new job.
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the new job. Will this new job allow you to work with cisco gear?
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    Congratulations on the new job. Will this new job allow you to work with cisco gear?
    Not in the way I want it to... I'm sure I'll be able to mount a few switches on a rack and plug in patch cables
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • Options
    MrRyteMrRyte Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Priston wrote: »
    Not in the way I want it to... I'm sure I'll be able to mount a few switches on a rack and plug in patch cables
    Hey....it's a start. icon_thumright.gif
    NEXT UP: CompTIA Security+ :study:

Life is a matter of choice not chance. The path to your destiny will be paved by the decisions that you make every day.