Hiring NOC Technician - Houston, Texas

DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□
NOC Technician needed to work overnight on the weekends at a downtown Houston data center.

I am looking for someone with basic networking knowledge (Network+, CCENT, or CCNA). Microsoft Server and Exchange experience is a plus.

This is an entry-level position. Please send me a PM if you are interested.

Comments

• thrshr2004thrshr2004 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am sorry for not sending you a PM, but I am new to this forum and not too sure how to do it. But I just graduated with an associates in Computer Informatio Technology and would be very interested in this. I absolutely hate the town I currently live in and have been looking into Texas anyways so that would be awesome. Just let me know what you are looking for and anything I need to do
  • hackman2007hackman2007 Member Posts: 185
    thrshr2004 wrote: »
    I am sorry for not sending you a PM, but I am new to this forum and not too sure how to do it. But I just graduated with an associates in Computer Informatio Technology and would be very interested in this. I absolutely hate the town I currently live in and have been looking into Texas anyways so that would be awesome. Just let me know what you are looking for and anything I need to do

Just for your information, you send a PM by clicking on the person's username, selecting view public profile, clicking on Contact Info and then click on the send a private message text.

Or you can click this link for the above poster (DPG).
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Just for your information, you send a PM by clicking on the person's username, selecting view public profile, clicking on Contact Info and then click on the send a private message text.

Or you can click this link for the above poster (DPG).

New users are unable to send a private message to cut down on spam.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Local applicants only, please.
  • xoshayanxoxoshayanxo Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    DPG wrote: »
    NOC Technician needed to work overnight on the weekends at a downtown Houston data center.

I am looking for someone with basic networking knowledge (Network+, CCENT, or CCNA). Microsoft Server and Exchange experience is a plus.

This is an entry-level position. Please send me a PM if you are interested.

Since i Just created this account, I cant PM you. I am so much interested in this position. I just updated my CCNA 2 months ago.I have bachelor degree in Computer Science & have passed CCNA twice.

Please provide me your email address or contact information.

p.s; I live in Houston.

shayan 7 9 2 at hotmail dot com
    This position is still available.

Applicants with Server 2003/2008 experience will be given preference.
  • AintRiteAintRite Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Wish this was in CA.
    WGU - BS: IT Security...in progress

Applicants with Server 2003/2008 experience will be given preference.

How can i contact you? or where do i send my resume?
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    DPG - You said overnight on the weekends. This sounds like part time?

xoshayanxo - You might just want to make a few more posts on the forum, and then try to private message DPG, as it looks like your posts on this thread are not hitting the radar.
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    xoshayanxo wrote: »
    How can i contact you? or where do i send my resume?
    I enabled Private Messaging for your account.
    The position requires at least 36 hours per week.
  • andy4techandy4tech Member Posts: 138
    DPG, I am interested in this job
    Webmaster wrote: »
    I enabled Private Messaging for your account.

Thanks a lot!:)
    DPG,how can I contact you or send my resume

Is no one applying, or are you not finding suitable from the applications received or do you have so many openings you cannot fill them all?

It would seem that at least a couple people tried for this one (or so it would seem) ... so, I'm just wondering ...

I know two words that seems to decrease candidate interest right away is "shift work" so those types of jobs usually make that known in the position description, so as not to mislead anyone. You were up front in saying the work was weekend and nights, so, not sure. In a town as big as Houston, there'd be something, you would think ...
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • cshkurucshkuru Member Posts: 246 ■■■■□□□□□□
    but I am one of those who can't PM

Relocating to the Houston area, so I will be a local candidate soon icon_smile.gif

If that isn't a deal breaker send me an e-mail and I will send you my resume and contact info.
    instant000 wrote: »
    Is no one applying, or are you not finding suitable from the applications received or do you have so many openings you cannot fill them all?

It would seem that at least a couple people tried for this one (or so it would seem) ... so, I'm just wondering ...

I know two words that seems to decrease candidate interest right away is "shift work" so those types of jobs usually make that known in the position description, so as not to mislead anyone. You were up front in saying the work was weekend and nights, so, not sure. In a town as big as Houston, there'd be something, you would think ...

You would think. Houston has a strong economy so almost anyone that is employable has a job.
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You would think. Houston has a strong economy so almost anyone that is employable has a job.

I can attest to that. Was there visiting a friend of mine a few years ago and was amazed at how corporate-looking that downtown area was like. I even saw the Enron building...(had to...lmao.) TX is just awesome.

Good luck to you finding someone and good luck to everyone applying.
    Still looking for someone...
  • MrRyteMrRyte Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Still looking for someone...
    For real? Over 4 million people in the Houston metro area and NO ONE has taken this job yet?

Damn, wish I lived in Houston; I'd be more than happy to take this job.....icon_sad.gif
    NEXT UP: CompTIA Security+ :study:

Life is a matter of choice not chance. The path to your destiny will be paved by the decisions that you make every day.
    DPG don't put this opening on the forum anymore,i don't think you do have any opening ,i have send in my application twice but no response from you.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    andy4tech wrote: »
    DPG don't put this opening on the forum anymore,i don't think you do have any opening ,i have send in my application twice but no response from you.

Not to be a jerk, but maybe you are not a good fit for the position. I know I haven't heard back from every position I've submitted my resume for.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938

Being a forum member doesn't guarentee you this position... Especially not with comments like that.
    Guys i am sorry for making such comments,i did not mean to be rude but i was thinking that Houston is a very large IT markets and if someone give out such information and people decided to send in his or her application there should be a response from the employer even if the person is not qualified.What makes me to say that was that i do send resumes to employers and i usually get responses either to ask some questions from me or have a phone interview.I am very sorry for such comments..pardon me.
    The position has been filled as of today.

Andy, I took a look at my files and found that I have two different resumes for you.

I have had some serious issues during the last few hiring rounds with unemployment fraud. I have received the same resume with different names on it and also the same person's name on multiple different resumes. I have been keeping these in a separate folder should the Texas Workforce Commission inquire about these individuals.

I have moved your resumes to my "good" folder and will contact you should another position become available.
    Am sorry DPG for such comments,Yea ,i send my resume twice because i was sent a mail through my email address to send my resume ,so that makes me to send it again.Thanks for your understanding.
    Am sorry DPG for such comments,Yea ,i send my resume twice because i was sent a mail through my email address to send my resume ,so that makes me to send it again.Thanks for your understanding.

Andy:

Good morning.

My advice to you is to keep working on your skills and labbing it up. There's bound to be more opportunities open up for you in the near future. It's when you work on your shortcomings that the best opportunities will appear for you.

It's a lot easier to help someone who helps themselves. Make sure to post in the forums if you require some assistance :D
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Not to be a jerk, but maybe you are not a good fit for the position. I know I haven't heard back from every position I've submitted my resume for.

Fair comment. I get many more responses than silence when I apply for roles, but even so sometimes you just hear nothing. Don't get hung up on it, you are still very employable!
  • hackman2007hackman2007 Member Posts: 185
    Turgon wrote: »
    Fair comment. I get many more responses than silence when I apply for roles, but even so sometimes you just hear nothing. Don't get hung up on it, you are still very employable!

Really?

When I was applying for jobs (thankfully have a job now), 99% of the companies I applied to I never heard back. I was qualified too.